nineteen

Ariana's POV:

I hear my phone ringing from the other room and I reach up to turn the water off after having a shower. I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my body before jogging out of the room and grabbing my phone from my bed, answering the call from Zach.

"Hi." I say.

"Hey." Zach replies. "Are you doing anything tonight?"

"Don't think so." I say, about to ask why but he interrupts me.

"Good because I booked a table at the hotel Chandler for 7-"

"Wait, you're not asking me out are you?" I ask, reaching up to undo the ponytail I pulled my hair into as it didn't need washing yet. "Because I'm pretty sure I friend-zoned you years ago."

Zach laughs. "No, you idiot. Jack and I thought it'd just be cool to have a nice meal out and chill, especially as my brother said we have a lot coming up soon."

"So you two are going." I say, peering into my wardrobe. "Who else?"

I hear Zach ask Jack in the background and then replies. "I don't know. Jack's gonna see if his new girl will come with but we'll just see who's available. You up for it?"

"Sure why not." I say.

"Good." Zach says. "Remember, table booked at 7. Oh, it's under the surname Spencer."

"Spencer?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"I'll explain later. Meet you there." He says before hanging up.

I throw my phone on the bed and begin to flick through my clothes. As I'm doing so, I realise my wardrobe only consists of black items, mostly leather, and black skinny jeans or leggings. I sigh, pushing my clothes to the side and look through Chelsea's half instead, regretting it quickly as all I pull out are pieces of fabric that can't be called a dress in any world.

I used to have more dresses but I got rid of a lot of them as I'm not really the 'dressy, girly' kind of person. I'd rather wear comfy clothes but this hotel is fancy and posh, I have to make an effort. I finally settle for, I guess I could call it, a black dress that ties up around the neck, leaving my back bare. It's pretty short but saying that, all of Chelsea's clothes seem to be so I just have to deal with it.

I reapply whatever makeup wasn't washed off in the shower, filling in my brows again and then deciding to add some red lipstick just for the fun of it. My hair is already slightly curly at the ends so I leave it, pinning back a small section of it. I pull on my signature black heels and refrain from pulling my leather jacket over the top of my outfit. I try to find another jacket but I just decide I'll have to battle it out with the cold October weather.

Like Chelsea always says when I tell her she's making too much effort for something: if it ain't hurting, it ain't working.

I lock the room and then head out, passing by students on the campus walking back from the library probably. I called a taxi before doing my makeup and when I get out of the gates, I notice it's parked up. I jump in and we get going.

I lean against the window, staring out at the lit up city as we enter the posh part of town. The driver pulls up outside the hotel and I quickly hand him some money and step out of the car. It's already 7:15, I swear I'm always late for everything.

I head into the hotel and find my way towards the restaurant. A waitor greets me at the door, holding it open and I thank him before walking in, another woman heading over to me.

"Do you have a table, m'am?" She asks me in a thick posh accent.

"Yes, it's under the name 'spencer' I think."