twelve

Ariana's POV:

I stand up straight again, pressing my hand up to my cheek, my eyes slightly watering from the slap.

Before I can even react, Harry leaps forward, crashing into Brandon with such force that they both fall down onto the floor. Harry quickly jumps up and kneels over Brandon before punching him straight in the face.

I stand there in shock, still cradling my cheek as I watch Harry punch Brandon repeatedly. But Brandon begins to fight back and he brings back his fist and jabs it right into Harry's jaw. I wince even though the pain is not even being inflicted onto me.

I finally pull myself together and decide I have to stop this fight. Harry is not an as experienced fighter as Brandon even though he has given Brandon a bloody nose and a busted lip. But Harry is struggling and I can tell his left eye will be very bruised by morning.

I reach down and grab a handful of Harry's shirt and pull him off Brandon, before helping him up. Brandon steps forward again but I push Harry back and kick Brandon right in the crotch. With heels.

He doubles over, cursing in pain and I step towards him, wrapping an arm around his neck and ruffling his hair.

"Don't try this stalking shit again, Brandon." I tell him sweetly, grounding my heel down onto his toes. "Because that pain you feel now? You'll feel it again, ten times worse. Ok?"

He pushes me away and then limps to his car, glaring at both Harry and I as he gets into his car before driving away.

I laugh and then turn back to Harry, who looks very guilty and full of regret, squinting because of his eye. I bite my lip and then take his hand into mine, leading him to the car.

"I want to drive." He says as I open the passenger door for him.

"But your eye-"

"I'll be fine." He says. "I just need to drive, think about stuff."

"Do you want to be alone?" I ask him. "I could get a lift back another way."

"No, of course not." He says, bringing his finger up to brush against my cheek. I begin to feel a tingly feeling in the pit of my stomach at his touch. It feels weird, foreign, a little wrong. But it also feels amazing. "I'm not going to let you walk the streets alone looking for a ride. And I kind of like having you with me."

I smile and Harry places his index finger onto my dimple with a grin. We both laugh as he pulls away and I hand him the keys from my pocket before I get into the passenger seat and Harry jumps into the drivers seat.

"Are you dropping me back at campus?" I ask him as we begin driving.

"I thought we could just go to mine quickly, I want to sort out this eye." Harry tells me. "Is that ok?"

"Sure." I reply, grabbing my phone and quickly texting Zach, asking him if he found anything. He replies just as we're pulling up outside Harry's apartment building.

From: Zach
Nope, didn't find shit, the place was empty. Did you get the guy?

I quickly type out a reply.

To: Zach
No.We ran into a little trouble with a guy following us. You're gonna laugh your ass off when you find out who. But I took a picture of the number plate though so I'll send it to you so you can forward it to Niall.

I send him the photo and then tuck my phone away before getting out of the car. I follow Harry up the steps and into his apartment. Once we're inside, I tell him to go and sit down on the couch while I rustle around in the kitchen, pulling open the freezer to find a bag of ice. When I finally find some, I make my way over to the couch and sit down beside him, telling him to close his eye. I shuffle closer and lift the ice up, placing it down onto his eye.