eight

[0.8]

After we pull up outside Zach's block, he switches off the engine and gets out of the car, beckoning everyone to do the same. I open the door and step out, cursing to myself as my heels land in a puddle. I slam the door behind me in distress.

"For fucks sake." I hiss and Harry smirks while Zach laughs.

"Where are we?" Niall asks as he begins to follow Zach. "Why am I even here?"

"Let's just all go inside, warm up a little and we'll talk about it." Zach says.

Harry shrugs and nods and begins to follow Niall. I quickly run forward in front of him and grab Zach's arm, pulling him back.

"I think Harry should go now." I tell him. "He shouldn't be here."

"Then why did you get him involved?" Zach asks me.

"I didn't." I protest. "He was at the club and he saw me and then those guys- oh look it doesn't matter just tell him to go."

"Why?" Zach asks, peering at me. "Who is he anyway?"

I roll my eyes, exasperated.

"Look closely." I say. "Look real close."

Something must click in Zach's memory because he glares down at me after a second glance at Harry.

"Why is your science professor involved?" He hisses to me.

"Well done, you finally noticed." I say to him. "You see? He doesn't need to be here."

"Get him out of here then." Zach demands. "I'll lead the blonde one inside."

I turn back around to where Harry is walking up the steps, greeting him with a smile.

"Hey, you can go now if you want." I say to him carelessly but the voice inside my head is begging him to go.

"Why?" He asks curiously. "I want to know what was happening at that club."

"It was nothing." I say and Harry raises his eyebrows. "Nothing of your concern then. You're a college professor. You don't need to be involved in gang missions."

"But I want to know what happened." Harry repeats, grabbing my arm. "You know. With us."

"Nothing happened between us." I remind him. "It was just an act of mine to save us from getting a bullet in our heads. You need to be thanking me, not questioning it. So just leave now because you don't want to be involved in this. Trust me."

Harry sighs but takes a step back down the stairs. "Fine." He says. "I'll go."

"Yeah you do that." I say as I watch him walk away. When he's out of sight, I turn around and head up to Zach's apartment. Once I'm inside, Niall is sitting anxiously on the couch and Zach is sitting on the opposite edge of it.

"Finally." Zach says. "Did you get rid of him?"

"Yeah." I say, shutting the door behind me and then walking over to take a seat on the couch next to a confused Niall.

"So why I am here again?" Niall asks me this time. "Uh, you're in a gang or something?"

"Yes." I confirm. "Have you heard on a gang called the 'wolfpack'?"

"Yeah." Niall says. "Hasn't everyone heard of them?"

"Exactly." I say. "So I don't want to tell you too much because it's better if you don't know all the details. But once I do tell you, you will know too much for us to just let you go."