twenty eight

A.N.
Imagine the gif is harry and ari lol ok I'm weak

"That was so much effort." Harry says as he flops down on the couch, sighing. After a few seconds, he lifts his shirt up over his head, throwing it down to the other end of the couch and pointing at his stomach. "I'm sweating, look."

"You're so dramatic." I laugh. "I'm not sweaty so how are you?"

"Maybe because you didn't lift a bed, haul furniture and heavy boxes around, as well as being forced to join in with yours and Chelsea's stupid running from one-side-to-the-other-side-of-the-room game?" Harry says.

I roll my eyes, throwing myself down on the other end of the sofa, kicking his shirt away. I lean forward towards him, my face right next to his. I scrunch my face up at the smell of him.

"Wow, you actually are really sweaty." I say. "You stink."

"Thanks." Harry says sarcastically.

"Maybe you did work hard today." I say, sitting back. "Good boy. Now go have a shower or something because I can't sit with you when you smell like that. Don't worry, Chelsea's out but use my bathroom anyway."

"Ok, thanks babe." Harry says, jumping up. He quickly grabs hold of my face with his sweaty hands and I swat him away while he laughs before he heads towards the bathroom.

I rummage through a few boxes and I find my laptop, plugging in the charger and turning it on. I check my emails as Anna said she'd need to send me some paperwork I'll have to print and fill out. As I'm scrolling through, a message suddenly pops up on my screen.

An incoming Skype call. From my parents.

I panic for a moment, wondering what to do. I bite on my nails, staring at my screen anxiously. Before I know it, I've rejected it. I relax a little but then they call back and I realise I'll have to answer it.

I sigh, unplugging my laptop and climbing over some remaining cardboard boxes, over to sit on the window sill that looks out over on the city. Once I'm seated, I take a deep breath and then press answer.

While it connects, I spend a few seconds wondering what to say, what they're going to say.

Suddenly, my dad's voice echoes through the screen and a few seconds later he pops up on the screen.

"Hello, Ariana." My dad says in a cheery tone.

"Hey." I reply. "What's up?"

"Nothing much, I see you've moved into your new place?" Dad says. "Wow, what a great view!"

"I know right?" I say, turning back to look at it. "It's beautiful up here."

"It better be, it's costing me and your mother enough." Dad chuckles and I laugh. Dad is a lot more easy going than my mum is, he doesn't get too stressed about school stuff, he doesn't nag at me like mum does. At least, he doesn't want to nag at me. Mum makes him be on her side a lot.

"Where is mum?" I ask just as I see her walk through the kitchen door in the background.

"Is that Ariana?" I hear her ask in the background and my dad nods. A few seconds later, she appears on the screen too. "Hi Ariana."

"Hey mum." I greet her. "You ok?"

"Yeah, just stressed with work but we can chat quickly." She says and I nod.

"So anyway, we called you for a reason." Dad tells me.

"To check if I was in my new apartment?"

"No, well yes." Dad says. "But another reason too. Me and your mother were talking the other day about how you're getting your first apartment and well, you're growing up. And the holidays are coming up and we realised that you haven't been home in a while."