thirty one

A.N. Quite a long chapter, pretty eventful, enjoy :)

Ariana's POV:

When I wake up, the sun is peeking through the curtains and the smell of Dad's famous christmas cooking wafts up the stairs. I roll over to see Harry lying beside me, fast asleep, his hair messy from sleep. I smile at the sight before I quietly slide out of bed, tiptoeing over to the door. I slowly pull open the door, leaving it ajar and then padding down the stairs and to the bathroom.

I quickly wash my face, untie my hair and drag a brush through it, leaving it down. I grab a small mirror from the bathroom cabinet and then head back up to my room. As I open the door, Harry is standing right there and I jump, my heart thumping.

"Shit!" I yelp, almost dropping the mirror but I manage to catch it just in time.

"What?" Harry asks.

"You fucking scared me, that's what." I say, pressing my hand over my racing heart. "I thought you were sleeping."

"Yeah well, I woke up." Harry says. "I was wondering where you were."

"Aw." I say, smiling.

"No, I wanted to know where the bathroom is." Harry replies and my face falls a little and I laugh at myself.

"Oh. It's downstairs, the door right at the end." I tell him and he nods, quickly running past me.

He quickly runs back inside a few seconds later and I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Forget something?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I did actually." Harry says, stepping towards me and cupping my face in his hands, pressing his lips to mine. "Merry Christmas, baby."

"Merry Christmas." I reply with a smile. "Now go to the bathroom before you wet yourself."

Once Harry's run off again, I walk over to the window, pulling the curtains open and then sitting down on the seat of the dressing table, placing the mirror in front of me. As I'm doing my eyeliner, I notice Harry walk back into the room, heading towards me. He reaches out to wrap his arms around me from behind but I stop him before he leans in any further.

"What?" He asks. "What's wrong?"

"Don't touch me while I'm doing my eyeliner, it's a very hard thing to do." I say, just finishing off the wing successfully and then leaning back.

I turn around in my seat to face Harry, wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him in for a kiss. Because of his height, he has to bend down a little to be able to kiss me back, ending up kneeling between my legs.

"I quite like you in this position." I say, biting my lip.

"I don't, it's hurting my back." Harry says, kissing me once more before standing up straight again.

"Ok, grandad." I say with a laugh, jumping up. "You ready to go downstairs?"

"Yeah, shirtless in my black jeans, of course." Harry says sarcastically.

"Well, get your stupid ass dressed and met me downstairs." I tell him, heading over to the door and opening it.

"My ass isn't stupid." I hear Harry say as I walk out the door. "My ass is great."

I giggle to myself as I walk down both flights of stairs, grinning.

"You look happy." My dad says as I walk down into the living room. He leans in to plant a kiss on my cheek. "Merry Christmas, sweetheart."