twenty six

I hold my phone in my hand, staring down at Harry's name in my contacts. My finger dithers between the call button or the lock button.

I don't know if I should call him or not. Will he want to talk to me? I rejected him again earlier, he will probably be annoyed still. Or maybe he'll be with that girl....

But I didn't know any of this then. Maybe even if he doesn't want to talk to me, I could just tell him that I know the reasons for that foolish job he did and that I'm not mad anymore. Even if he doesn't want to hear it, I will feel better if he knows.

I decide to man up and call him. I press the phone to my ear as I begin walking down the road again. When I think he's not going to pick up, I hear his voice.

"Hello?" He answers. "Ariana? Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say, not sure how to really start this off. "You might not want to talk to me but whatever. I just wanted to tell you that Zach told me about what Rob threatened to do if you didn't do that job. And I-"

"Oh my god, he did?" Harry asks, sounding relieved. "What did you think of it?"

"I think he's a dick, but I've always thought that I guess." I say and Harry laughs. "But, I just wanted to say that.....I'm sorry. I was so mean to you and I didn't even know the half of it. You did it for me, to protect me, protect us both. I'm sorry for being such a bitch, Harry. I really am. And I'm not angry with you anymore."

"Oh my god." Harry says. "What-I...I need to see you. Come to mine. Right now. Please."

"I can't." I tell him. "I'm busy. I have to go somewhere."

"Well where are you going?" Harry asks. "I just need to see you, that's all."

"You know the cinema downtown, the one with the restaurant next to it?" I ask and Harry's makes a 'hmm' sound, meaning yes. "Meet me near there."

"Ok, I'm leaving now." Harry says and I can hear him grabbing his keys and opening the door. "See you soon."

"Ok." I say with a smile before hanging up.

I slide the phone into my pocket, crossing the road to the other side. I walk for about 5 more minutes and then I get to my destination. I stand outside the block of apartments, leaning against a wall, keeping my eye on the cinema opposite me.

"Boo!" A voice says as I feel two hands grab my shoulders and I jump up, my heart thumping. I turn around to see Harry standing behind me, laughing.

"I literally hate you!" I say to him, giving his chest a whack with the back of my hand. He continues to laugh and I can't help but smile at his childish ways.

"I'm sorry." He says, although still laughing, as he reaches out and pulls me towards him for a hug, my head resting on his shoulder.

"Honestly, my heart is beating 200 times a minute right now." I say to him, shivering a little.

"Hey, I said I'm sorry." Harry says as he quickly rubs my arms in attempt to warm me up. "God, you're freezing. Didn't you bring a coat?"

"No, I forgot." I say and Harry shakes his head as we both pull apart. I look up at him and he smiles again. "What?"

"Your nose is red." He says, looking at me in a way that makes my heart race a little. "And your cheeks."

"I'm cold, shut up."

"Nah, it's cute." Harry assures me.

"Ariana, is it?" A voice from behind me suddenly asks and I spin around to recognise the estate agent woman, who I remember is called Anna, holding her phone in her hand, staring at the screen.