thirty

A.N
part 2 of the christmas chapter. quite a long one, enjoy

Harry's POV:

After Ariana realises she's still wearing a baggy jumper with her black jeans and her hair is a little messy, she spends some time fixing her look while I lie on the bed, hoping for a quick nap.

She pulls off my jumper and folds it up, placing it on the arm of the couch and then smooths down her red, lace top which I thought was just a long bra but she insisted it was a bralet. Whatever that is.

When she's sorted out her hair and added some more makeup, she walks over to the bed and grabs my hand, pulling me up.

"Harry." She says. "We have to go down now. We can't be unsociable and sit up here all night."

"That's what I said to you when you were fixing your hair, saying you would rather watch a movie up here with me." I mumble, my eyes still closed. "Which is very sweet. And I would rather do that too."

"I still want to do that but we can't." Ariana tells me. "My mum will be here soon and we have to be downstairs before then, mingling and pretending to be interested in small talk."

I groan but Ariana pulls my arm again and I sit up, sliding off the bed.

"Oh my god, your hair. Come here." Ariana says with a laugh, reaching up to ruffle my hair. "That's better."

She takes my hand again and we walk downstairs together, down to the living room. More people have arrived now and a lot of them peer at Ariana and I in surprise as we walk past. Either they're shocked I'm here with her or they're just shocked to see her home. I think it's probably the second one.

We find Ariana's dad out in the conservatory, which isn't as busy as the kitchen which is so packed me and Ariana struggled to push through. He's talking to someone who obviously recognises Ariana as he greets her with a hug when we approach them.

"Wow, I haven't seen you in so long." The guy says to her.

"I know, I've been so busy with collage." Ariana says. "Not much time to pop home."

"Ah, I understand." The guy says, peering at me. Ariana's father notices his gaze and reaches out to pat my shoulder, bringing me into the circle a little more.

"This is Harry, Ariana's boyfriend." Mike says and the guy nods, shaking my hand.

"This is my Uncle Brad." Ariana tells me. "Dad's brother."

"Yes, which is good because I don't think I could handle being Carla's brother." Ariana's uncle says and both Ariana and Mike laugh, although that is her mother and his wife.

"Props to Sam then, right?" Ariana says and Brad laughs again, nodding.

"So where is your missus then?" Brad asks Mike, taking a swig of beer from his bottle.

"Went off to the shops for more food." Mike replies, checking his watch. "Should be back any minute."

Just as he says this, a woman who has similar facial features to Ariana but apart from that, couldn't be any more different, approaches us. Mike pulls her into our circle, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"Speak of the devil." Brad says and then he leans towards Ariana, whispering into her ear so no one can hear but I just catch it. "Literally."

They both laugh quietly and Mike and Carla stare at them oddly. Brad coughs, clearing his throat. "Uh. We were just talking about you."

"All good things, I hope." Carla says with a smile. "But I mean, how could they not be."

She looks over at Ariana and I, greeting us with a small smile. Ariana doesn't look very impressed and I have to stifle a laugh.