nine

A.N

Sort of a short filler chapter, not much happens but there are a few (kinda idk) cute moments at the beginning and the end. Enjoy <3

[0.9]

When I wake up, it takes me a few seconds to remember where I am. When I do, I bring my hands up to cover my face with a groan. Oh god.

I'd be lying if I said this is the first time I've woken up on a couch at someone else's place because I have several times. But waking up on Harry's couch? Thats a new record, even for me.

I pull myself up into a sitting position and grab my jacket from the bottom of the couch where I must have left it. I reach into the pocket and pull out my phone to check the time, wincing at the brightness of the screen.

10:37

I throw the phone back onto the couch and look over to the kitchen and my stomach suddenly growls with hunger and I silently scream at Harry's door for him to get up.

I get up off the couch with a sigh and pad across the living area to the windows, carefully moving one of the curtains to the side so I can look outside. It's daylight but the sky is grey and the windows are covered in raindrops. I press my hands against the cool glass, staring down at the city below.

"Nice view, huh?"

My body jumps up as I scream and I spin around to see Harry laughing his ass off behind me.

"You scared me, you freak!" I say as I whack his chest with my the back of my hand.

"I wish I filmed that." Harry says between his laughs. "It was pure gold."

"No it wasn't." I huff, turning back around to face the windows. "But answering your question, yes, it is a great view."

"I love it when the weather is like this, it makes the city look so...relaxed. Peaceful." Harry says, peering over my shoulder, so close that I can feel his hot breath on my skin.

"You can see everything from up here." I say in amazement. "It's beautiful."

"You know, when I came to look around this place the first thing I looked at was this view." Harry tells me, stepping back. "It's cute how you did too."

"Cute?" I echo. "How did you know I wasn't looking for hideout spots or shooting angles?"

"So you're going to have a major shoot out in the middle of the city?" Harry asks with a chuckle, walking back over to the kitchen.

"Yep." I say. "Helicopters and all."

I pull the curtain back across the window and go to sit down on the couch again, grabbing my phone and scrolling through it.

"So do you want anything to eat?" Harry calls over.

"Sure." I reply as I type out a text.

"What kind of stuff do you like?"

"What have you um...." I trail off, too focused on my phone.

"Maybe if you got off your phone you could concentrate more." Harry says and I roll my eyes.

"Whoa old man, don't say you're completely confused by technology." I say, throwing my phone down next to me.

"I'm not old, Ariana." Harry says. "Anyway, how's a bowl of cereal?"

"Well what cereal?" I ask, sliding off the couch and heading into the kitchen. "Because you know, it's a very important decision."

"Cocoa pops." Harry says, placing the box onto the counter and looking down at me.