twenty

There are several thumps on the door, each pound of someone's fist against the wood louder and angrier than the last.

"Who is it?" I shout out, slowly approaching the door but the thumps continue.

The door bursts open, the lock snapping in half and a tall, broad man stands in the doorway. Before I can run or scream, two hands block my vision and I feel a huge force impacted my head before everything goes black.

Ariana's POV:

I walk up the steps to Zach's apartment, wearing my black one piece body suit thing that I didn't really like at first but Chelsea insisted I buy it after trying it on and almost bought it for me herself. It has skin coloured fabric underneath and is embroidered with this black flower pattern so it isn't too revealing but I decided to add my black knee high boots and cat ears. It's supposed to be my halloween outfit but since Zach called me over to his last minute, it seems like my halloween night is now turning into work.

I pull the ends of my hair over my shoulders and then reach out to knock on the door. A few seconds later, the door opens and Harry appears, wearing a black sheer shirt with his signature tight as hell black jeans.

"Trick or treat?" I squeal like a little kid, stepping inside and kicking the door shut behind me, standing right in front of Harry.

"No tricks...." Harry says, holding his hands up in a surrender sign. "And I'm all out of treats, sorry."

"Good job I saved one more." I say, placing my hands onto Harry's hips and pushing him back against the wall before attaching his lips onto mine.

"Mmm." He says quietly as we pull away from the kiss. I turn away with a wink and then head into the living room.

"Hey everyone." I say as I enter, noticing Zach and Jack are the only ones there. I glance over at the empty table in the corner. "Where's Niall?"

Zach shrugs. "We called him but he didn't answer. Been ignoring us all week."

"Why?" I ask, sitting down on the empty couch where Harry throws himself down beside me a few seconds later. "I mean, he's like in this now, right?"

"Who we taking about?" Harry interrupts.

"Niall." I tell him and he looks away with a frown, looking disinterested and I have to hold back from laughing at his jealousy which he will deny if I mention it.

"I don't know what's up with him." Zach says. "But that's not important anyway-"

"But there's a reason why he must be ignoring us." I protest. "Is he upset, did something happen?"

"Who cares." Harry mutters and I turn to him.

"I care." I tell him and Harry looks me straight in the eye. "He's my friend."

"Guys, can we just listen to whatever Zach needs us to do?" Jack says. "I was planning to go to a Halloween party tonight."

"Me and you both." I sigh, looking over to Zach. "So go on."

"This one is pretty serious though." Zach says. "So Rob and his friends have been involved in some bigger deals lately, getting a lot more money so they've been documenting each cash withdrawal, putting it all together in files."

"So?"

"So because my brother and his dumb friends are complete idiots, they didn't keep these files secret enough and then they heard someone was after them, someone who didn't want their name in that file. As they were being chased by them, Rob and one of his mates found some random guy, he's called Dean Howard, and handed the files for him to hide in his apartment for the night. But like I said before, they're all idiots so they all left town to keep undercover so now we're the ones that have to deal with it." Zach tells us.