𝐗𝐈𝐕 | 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒

"You will never be unloved by me, you are too well tangled into my soul"

ROWAN STARKOV
13 YEARS AGO
"I think it's time," Valentine broke the silence. I looked up at him with a questioning look. My limbs ached as we walked, I've been training every day for the last five years since I got here. Today, Valentine taught me how to use certain weapons. I still wasn't too familiar with them but Valentine says I'm a natural.

"Time for what, sir?"

Valentine turned his head to look at me. I was thirteen and already reached past the height of his shoulder, he said my height will be perfect for an assassin. Who knew your life could transition into that? Sometimes I miss my normal life with my parents but I was taken for a reason, to become his soldier, to protect the people I love. At least, that's what he told me.

"I want to introduce you to my wife and kids, my daughter has been very pushy about meeting you and of course, I couldn't resist her adorable pout. So, why don't you join us for dinner?" Valentine asked. My eyes widened in surprise, excitement shot through me immediately.

"I would love to, sir, may I ask what they are all like?" He chuckled clamping down a hand on my shoulder.

"Well, my wife Angelina is an angel as always but she has a lot of fire in her. At first, I thought she was an innocent little thing but that woman just about proved me wrong. You will enjoy her company, she may even become like a mother to you, she's an excellent mother to our children." The look in his eyes was filled with love, I knew because he had the same look my mother had when he talked about my mother. "Leonid is your age; he takes after his father but the boy got a sense of humor and sarcasm in him. He's a trickster, but means no harm, and can be serious when he wants to be, and he listens to no one but his mother. He is a born leader; you can see most times." Valentine paused. "Then there is Luka, he has a kind heart like his mother, he is quiet most of the time and protects the ones he loves. He looks like me yet has every bit of his mother in him. But I fear his innocence might get him killed one day, he is a lover and a protector and those types of people always die in sacrifice."

I hummed in response looking down at my feet. The question I had sat at the tip of my tongue and after a long silence, I decided to ask. "And what about your daughter, sir?"

A smile spread on his lips. "My daughter, yes. Now Gianna is a firecracker most of the time and has as much fight in her as her mother. Out of her brothers who have dark hair, she inherited beautiful blond hair like her mother, except it almost looks white most of the time. She is beauty and strength all in one. Gianna and I are very close, she's my little girl, my princess. I know parents aren't supposed to have favorites but fuck other people, Gianna will always have my whole heart no matter how bad she fucks up."