𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈 | 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐌𝐄?

"We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours"❦

ROWAN STARKOV
THE PAST
"What the hell, Rowan!" Lev shouted at me; he jumped back when the jewelry store behind me blew up. I smirked down at the ring the jeweler tried keeping from me, it was the rarest red Ruby in there and he refused to hand it over.

"I usually got jewelry for Gianna on the house, but he refused to give this one to me, so the house burned down," I smirked at Lev. He ran his hands down his face in frustration. He couldn't judge me, though, my girl has been eyeing this ring for a while so whatever my little bird wants, my little bird gets. Even if I have to bomb the place.

Lev and I got into the SUV, speeding away quickly. I sent a text to Declan telling him to wipe the cameras before the feds showed up. "Let me see the ring," Lev demanded. I leaned over and opened the black box it was in. The ring was a silver band with tiny white diamonds embedded into it with a square-shaped red Ruby in the middle. One of the rarest pieces of jewelry for my girl. "Damn, it was definitely worth it, I'll tell you that," he muttered in Russian.

I chuckled and snapped the box shut, stuffing it in my jeans pocket. "Oh, it was, plus the guy was a pervert who eyed my woman a little too much when we came here in the past," I gritted at the remembrance. The jeweler was as disgusting as men could get, he deserved to die not because he disrespected me but because he disrespected Gianna and every other girl who has walked in there.

Just a month ago, Gianna told me she was pregnant. Gianna told her father about it and of course, he was angry but for some reason, he looked forward to it. It was unexpected and I don't trust his motives, he is the type of man who would have killed me because of this news but he held back. Not too long ago, he gave me his permission to purpose to his daughter.

I think he's only pushing it because the mafia looks down on any woman who has a child before being married or simply losing her virtue. I'm also an assassin and not some mob boss, they don't care that I'm Dimitri Starkov's kid-hell, everyone thinks his kid is dead-but I'm right here, I always have been. I'm a ghost to this world, hidden and deadly, and the fact that Gianna is having a child with me makes things worse for the both of us.

Despite everything that comes with having a child, I already loved it, and I am going to protect him or her until I take my last breath.

"Just a tip, you two are young so do go off and get married just yet, wait a little bit-live a little longer and see how you two do after a child. You two are strong going but a child changes a lot," Lev started. I leaned back in my seat and eyed him with narrowed eyes.

"Do you have a family, Lev?"

He looked over at me with a small smile. "I had a wife and a son, but things were complicated. My job kept me absent all of the time, my wife and I fought often and I tried spending as much time as I could with my son." His face fell as he got lost in his thoughts. "Um, a couple of years ago on his fifth birthday, we went out to celebrate. His mother and I were truly happy, our relationship working up to being fixed again and the day was just beautiful..."