𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 | 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery"

GIANNA STARKOV
Christmas has always been an exciting holiday filled with happy smiles, tons of presents, amazing food, and lots of love. But this year was different-not like the last one which was only spent with Sofia, Dante, and Mila-today was filled with caution and fear. The Russo family will be hosting a Christmas ball this year which will invite almost every mafia, gang, and cartel. There is no telling the outcome of tonight, or whether the New York mafia will show up.

Over the months, Rowan has gotten stronger than I've ever seen, he has this new focus when he trains and at night, the voices that haunt his mind keep him trembling at night. I try to help him through it but the only comfort he seeks to get my mind off of worrying about him and his mind off of the voices is sex. Other than that, we've been functioning like a real family and spending as much time together as we can.

He also told me about his mother along the way, turns out she is still alive and well with no knowledge that her son was found. I could tell it's been on his mind a lot lately; he wants her to meet me and Sofia, but he is also scared to see her again. The last time he ever saw her was when he was a child, and now he is a full-grown adult who has more blood on his hands than his father ever did.

But we made a deal this morning after everyone opened their presents that we would put all of our worries aside for the day. We all need some normalcy in our lives-especially Sofia.

My hands smooth down my dress, I chose a cream-colored dress that clung to my curves, one arm had a sleeve while the other was sleeveless. My hair was clipped back behind my ears and shoulders, straightened and flowing down my back. Sofia ran up behind me with a huge smile on her lips, her small arms wrapped around my legs. She wore a matching-colored dress, her dark hair was pulled half up with the rest of her hair flowing over her shoulders, and her nails were painted gold by Dante this morning.

"You look beautiful, my love," I smiled and bent down to her height. A slight blush kissed her round cheeks.

"Thank you-Ghost also said I look pretty." She leaned in closer. "I think I like him, but don't tell daddy." After I found out who Ghost might actually be and heard how my daughter speaks of him, I came to the conclusion that this boy wanted to protect Sofia-he sees her the same way Rowan saw me when we were young and there was nothing, I could do to keep the little assassin away from my daughter. Rowan hasn't been filled in on the little boy and I don't plan on telling him-to Rowan, he is a threat to Sofia and the last thing I needed was for him to worry about that.

"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me," I winked.

"What secrets are you two whispering about?" Rowan waltzed in as he buttoned up his white dress shirt. He looked dangerously handsome in a tux, his hair was styled back, tattoos peeking from his tux, and his muscles straining against the fabric. Rowan caught my gaze and sent me a wink; the lines of his dimples pierced his cheek when he smirked.