𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 | 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐌𝐄

"She was powerful, not because she wasn't scared but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear

"She was powerful, not because she wasn't scared but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear."

GIANNA STARKOV
"Sofia?"

"Mommy!" She ran to me and hugged me tightly, I looked over her shoulder, watching Angelina's eyes widen. Pain shot through my pelvis, hips, belly, and spine. I let out a cry, clutching my belly and breathing harshly. "Mommy, what's wrong?"

"T-the baby... is coming!" I cried out.

"Sofia, go get help, immediately!" Angelina ordered, Sofia nodded quickly and ran toward the closed door, yanking on the door.

"It's locked," she whispered, running back to me.

My head felt heavy and my body weak, I wasn't in good shape. I have barely any food in my system and I'm super dehydrated, I wasn't healthy at all. "Ok, we're doing this ourselves, I need you to lay down," Angelina said softly.

I laid down with shaky limbs, Sofia helped me down, moving my hair out my face. Gunshots and shouting went off in the distance, we heard the explosion minutes ago. My fears heightened at that moment.

"Mamma, how... how are you going to do this?" I asked in a weak whisper.

"I birthed three kids, I'm sure I can do this... I need you to stay awake, baby." I nodded, fighting the heavy wooziness I felt.

"You're very dilated... but I don't feel a head."

I knew what that meant, I knew it all too well because it is something many mothers fear during childbirth. I took Sofia and Angelina's hands, bringing their attention to me. "I need you both to promise me something-"

"No, Gianna, we're not doing this right now, we are going to get out of here with a healthy baby-we're going to make it back to everyone," Angelina swore.

More and more gunshots and screams went off upstairs and more pain shot through me. Sweat coated my skin, my hair sticking to my face. "Please, just promise me that you will do everything in your power to get this baby to Rowan safely, protect Sofia and the baby..."

Tears ran down Angelina's cheeks, she looked down and her eyes widened. "You're bleeding a lot, Gianna just please try to push, sit on your knees and hold onto me." I sighed in a deep daze, letting Angelina pull me onto my knees and wrap my arms around her neck.

Sofia's small hands pushed on my lower back, and I pushed hard. I screamed in pain, feeling as if everything was ripping. The pain went numb for a split second and everything went black, I woke up again and pushed before I blacked out again.

I pushed, blacked out, pushed and blacked out but I felt nothing but more and more blood drench the mattress beneath me. I cried, gripping my mother tightly, listening to her and Sofia told me to keep going... but I couldn't. The baby couldn't.

Time was running out and I remembered the small blade I kept hidden.

"Mamma?"

"Baby, what's wrong? Tell me"

"I need you to promise me one last thing."

-THANKS FOR READING -
• Vote, Follow, Comment •
• Insta: Idgaf_xoxo •