𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕 | 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐋

"He was her warmth, she was his peace

"He was her warmth, she was his peace."

GIANNA STARKOV
Here I sit, staring back at my father who held no love in his eyes anymore. As a girl, I had never dreamt of such a day but as a woman who has gone through as much as I have, I knew the time would come.

He stares so blankly at my daughter and swollen belly as if there were no life left in him to give. The man who I once knew as my father was gone, there was no more of that dim light I used to see in him.

"I am a dead man," he started. "I am the betrayed, the hated, the villain. And I understand why I have done horrible things that even I have hated myself for committing. But no one thinks about why I did what I did or became who I became."

My arm tightened around Sofia as I kept a hand on the part of my stomach that the baby was kicking at. Valentine kept his eyes downcast on my belly, looking drained and void.

"I always knew Angelina and Axel had something going on between each other, I noticed it after Leonid was born but Angelina was still so infatuated with me that I didn't care if Axel had a thing for my wife, she was mine and only mine. But they got closer over the years, and it broke my heart, I was so busy with work that I had no time for my sons or wife, and she was finding pleasure elsewhere-it's why I... hit her."

"I was angry. I was in love. I was obsessed. I was betrayed. I had no clue that you were Axel's child for a very long time, I loved you so much that I was blind to most things at the time. But when I found out years later, my heart was shattered and a little piece of me died that day. My daughter wasn't mine; my wife didn't love me..."

"You sent Mama away to hurt her the way she hurt you. You sent her into sex trafficking, you made us think she was dead!" I yelled.

"And I hated myself even for that, more and more every day but what I did was already done. I hated myself for what I did to Rowan, too. But after everything that happened in the aftermath leading up to today, I decided that I no longer feel guilty anymore," he chuckled sadly.

"Hell, I want all of you to suffer the way I have, and I want to restart with my grandkids. Leo and Mila had a beautiful baby boy, they are in love even if they don't know it yet, too. Out of all my children, he has always made me proud but even he is not fully supportive of me. Luka is off in his own world, he was never a bother, but you, oh you Gianna Rose have made my life a living hell."

Valentine leaned forward and pulled at his greying hair before looking me in the eyes with those dead blue eyes of his.

"You break my heart, princess," he whispered.

"And you break mine," I replied.

The door suddenly opened, revealing Leonid's tall figure. "Father, I wish to talk to my sister," he said in a quiet tone. Valentine rolled his eyes and stalked out of the room without another word. The second the door shut, Leonid ran to me and pulled me for a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm doing everything in my power to get you out of here, I've contacted Silas Russo-" I hushed him and cupped his face, looking into his dark glossy eyes. He looked more tired than usual, most likely from his work and the baby.

"I'm okay, Leo, but I need you to take Sofia and convince Valentine to get me the things I need to keep this baby alive." He nodded repeatedly and placed his palms against my belly.

"How much longer?" he asked.

"I'm a week away from the last month, but even then, I could give birth at any convenience."

"I'm going to try my best to get you guys out of here, I'm going to take Sofia with me and get one of the staff to come to your aid-"

"Rowan, what about Rowan?" I asked quickly.

"He's across the manor, father isn't going easy on him at all, but he is still fighting-now I must go. Sofia, we need to go," he whispered to her. She hugged me tightly, not letting go, tears threatened to spill but I held back a sob and pulled her off me.

"No, mommy!" she sobbed, reaching out to me.

"We have to go." Leonid pulled her into his arms and quickly walked away to the door. "I'm coming back for you, baby sister, I promise you that... everything will be okay."

The door shut and a sob ripped out of me, we were coming to an end, and I had never been so scared.

-THANKS FOR READING -
• Vote, Follow, Comment •
• Insta: Idgaf_xoxo •