𝐗𝐗𝐈 | 𝐒𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐒

"I hope karma slaps you in the face before I do"

GIANNA ROSE
"Wake up!" I jolt awake by a male voice just as he grabs my arm tightly. I was only in a silk nightdress when the guard dragged me out of bed. Letting out a couple of curses, I hit and kicked at him to let me go but that only caused his grip to tighten. Eventually, I just stopped fighting and walked with him to wherever he was taking me.

We stopped in front of two double doors, the guard knocked one time before the two doors opened. My eyes immediately found Dante and Declan's figures strapped to chairs in the middle of an office. I quickly ran to them kneeling down with my hands on each other their knees. "Oh my god, are you two, okay? What the hell is going on?" Dante looked up at someone behind me while Declan's tried saying something to me through the tape on his mouth.

"Gianna, Gianna, Gianna." I froze at the voice speaking to me. Ever so slowly, I turn my head to meet Lorenzo's grey eyes. I gasped when I saw him. Dark bruises covered his face, his lip split, and a bad cut ran across his nose. Whatever happened to him, someone beat him badly and brutely. "Sit down, Principessa," Lorenzo said in a softer voice.

I slowly stand up and sit in the chair that faces Dante and Declan. Lorenzo stood behind me, tracing two fingers up my arm and neck until he pushed back my hair behind my ear. My eyes meet Dante's green ones, he didn't show fear which was something I loved about him, but something in his eyes this time showed it. And that frightened me even more.

"Please don't hurt them," I said in a shaky breath. Lorenzo bent down placing a kiss behind my ear.

"Oh, I won't hurt them, I'm going to kill them," he whispered.

"No!" I struggled to get out of my chair, just now realizing the cuffs around my wrists digging into my skin as I struggled. "No, no, no, please don't do this." Lorenzo came into my view, cocking back his gun before pointing it at Dante.

"Who should I kill first?" He pressed the gun tightly to Dante's temple. "Dante?" Then he switched over to Declan. "Or Declan?" I could only shake my head repeatedly holding back a sob. Declan was trembling while Dante gave that look like he knew he might die in the next five minutes. "Would you marry me just to let them live and breathe another day?"

My eyes jolted open in shock. That was what he was doing, he was manipulating me into marrying him by threatening their lives. "You won't kill them; this is only a trick to get me to marry you." Lorenzo laughed, reeling back the gun so I could watch him open the butt of it to reveal the bullets. As he kept his eyes on me, he pointed the gun behind him and shot Dante in the knee.

I have no idea whose scream was louder, me or Dante's. His cries echoed throughout the room while I sat there frozen. Blood pooled on the floor around him, my racing heartbeat drummed in my ears as Lorenzo moved next to Declan.