𝐗𝐗𝐗 | 𝐆𝐔𝐍𝐒 & 𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐏𝐓. 𝟏

"Every scar tells a story, every smile bides one"

GIANNA ROSE
I stared at a woman with a beautiful white dress, perfect makeup, and her hair perfectly in place. But not even a little make-over made her look happy in the slightest. It took a lot for me to hold back my tears so I didn't ruin my makeup. Mila was standing behind me as she curled my hair and put it half up with some thick strands left out around my face.

She tried to look happy but not even that smile on her face could hide her worry for this day. I was scared that Rowan wouldn't show up and I would have to actually marry Lorenzo. My stomach has held this pit all day since the moment I woke up and I even threw up a couple of times because of the stress and fear.

Mila has helped through the day though. She looked beautiful in her rose gold silk dress; it made her baby bump look bigger. And Francesca sat on the couch while she fixed my bouquet, she wore a dark blue dress with her greying hair in a low bun. No one has said much today, we all had anxiety over the endless possibilities of this day. At least I haven't seen Lorenzo yet, he is the last person I want to see right now.

"Now, for the barrette," Mila smiled. She picked up a barrette with small white flowers with little white vines that had beads on it. It held my long vail to the back of my head where half of my hair was pinned back. "You look beautiful, and don't worry, I have a feeling you won't be signing any marriage papers that will make you a Marcelio."

I only gave her a small smile, Francesca walked over to me with my bouquet. It had red roses with a white bow tie holding them together. They matched the color of my lipstick, and hopefully, it would match the color of the blood spilled today. "The ceremony is about to start so we should get going," Francesca told Mila. They said their goodbyes and left the room.

Not too long after, a soft knock came at the door. It opened to reveal Lev, my bodyguard and someone who has almost been like a father figure since I was a child. His blond greying hair was perfectly styled, blue eyes admiring my dress, and his body was fitted in a tux. "You look dashing, Lev," I smiled, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"You look beautiful, and I am very honored to walk you down the aisle." It looked like he held back tears, the captain of my father's guard was really crying. I stood up and walked over to him, giving him a tight hug.

"Thank you for always being there, you mean a lot to me," I cried. Lev pulled back and kissed my forehead before stepping beside me with his bent arm out.

"And I will serve many more years doing exactly that." Taking his arm, we walked down the hallways until we stopped in front of two large doors. The music began to play and you could hear the shuffling of the crowd as they stood up. My heart pounded against my chest when the doors opened.

Lorenzo stood at the alter next to the priest, his dark hair was perfect as always, and his grey eyes locked on mine. Raphael stood behind him, red-rimmed his eyes as he kept his eyes directed to Mila who sat in the crowd with Leonid. Mila and Leonid looked-in love. I couldn't imagine how Rapheal felt.

My eyes locked onto Lorenzo's once more as we walked down the aisle. Lev kissed my cheek before giving me to Lorenzo. Francesca took my bouquet once I stood in front of Lorenzo, when my hands were cleared, he took them in his with a tight grip. My stomach sank with anxiety and fear.

I looked out to the crowd; Luka was next to Leonid-they both had this murderous look toward Lorenzo. My father-Valentine looked proud as can be, sitting between Leo and Luka with his dark hair and piercing blue eyes. I quickly averted my eyes from his, and that's when I saw Axel. His long dark blond hair was pulled back in a man bun, brown eyes softening when they met mine, and his large figure was dressed in a white T-shirt, leather jacket, and dark jeans.

It was crazy to think he was my real father, to think about the many years he and my mother spent hiding their love for each other. I never thought about the fact that he was the first person my mother ran to when she tried running away with me as a young child. I barely remembered the event, but everything made sense now. And seeing him now, makes me realize our similarities-similarities that I never shared with Valentine.

The priest began speaking for a long time. My feet hurt from how long we were standing here. My anxiety heightened when I saw that nothing was happening yet to stop the wedding. The priest came closer and closer to the I do's, my hands began to sweat in Lorenzo's hands but he didn't care-only held me tighter.

"Repeat after me. I, Lorenzo Domenico Marcelio, take Gianna Rose Rostov to be my lawfully wedded wife, through sickness and through health, till death do you part?" The priest asked. Lorenzo's grey eyes met mine, a smirk spreading on his lips.

"I, Lorenzo Domenico Marcelio, take Gianna Rose Rostov to be my lawfully wedded wife, through sickness and through health, till death do us part." The last words he made sure to say very slowly, tightening his grip on my hands. The priest looked at me and it felt like the entire world stopped when he spoke.

"Repeat after me. I, Gianna Rose Rostov, take Lorenzo Domenico Marcelio to be my lawfully wedded husband, through sickness and through health, till death do us part." Everything stopped for me, my lips parted to say the words but I hesitated. Please, Rowan, do something! I chanted over and over in my head.

The crowd began to whisper when I didn't say anything. "Gianna, fucking say it," Lorenzo gritted through his teeth. I was waiting, I was hoping, I was praying to whoever the hell was controlling this universe to get me out of this.

(Him & I by G-Easy, Halsey)

"I, Gianna Rose-" A gunshot rang out, Lorenzo's shoulder jerked back by impact and blood splattered all over me. A man who I recognized as Seth-Lorenzo's father stood up and pointed his gun toward me. Lev was quick to run to me and cover me, our bodies jerked to the ground. More gunshots went off, glass shattered, and people screamed.

Lev went limp on me, I felt something liquid cover me, and that's when I realized it was blood. Lots of blood pooled onto me and Lev's dead body fell beside me, I screamed in horror. Raphael was down on the ground too, a hole between his eyes. My head jerked to a loud cry, Mila was being dragged away by Leonid who held his gun out and shot at people.

Valentine was nowhere in sight but Axel was. He ran to me and picked me up, I didn't realize I had been sobbing until he picked me up in his arms. My eyes went to Lev, his eyes were wide and blood spilled past his lips. "Gianna, it's okay, it's okay, baby girl, I have you," Axel whispered, holding me against his chest.

"Diavolo!" a woman screamed in horror. My head jerked to the two big doors at the end of the aisle. They're stood a large man, his hair was pushed back with a couple of strands over his face, his scarred eye made him look scarier, he wore a tight long-sleeved black shirt, black cargo pants, with combat boots. His face was splattered in blood and his hands drenched in it, his fierce gaze met mine and he smirked as he let his eyes slowly run down my body.

"Rowan," I whispered.

-THANKS FOR READING -
• Vote, Follow, Comment •
• Insta: Idgaf_xoxo •