006 trapped

006   trapped

006 trapped

"Erica, do you copy?" Robin questioned through her walkie from their position on the roof. Eden, Dustin, Steve, and Robin all found themselves once again looking out towards the secret Russian door but this time while waiting for Erica to scurry through the air ducts.

"Mm-hmm. I copy. You nerds in position or what?" Erica responded. Eden smiled a bit, she liked the small child's fire. "Yeah, we're in position. It's all quiet here, so you've got the green light." Robin responded, not enjoying the fire as much as Eden did. "Green light, roger that. Commence Operation Child Endangerment." Robin rolled her eyes. "Can we maybe not call it that?"

"See you on the other side. Nerds." Erica spoke back. Eden just smiled. "I like her." Robin shook her head. "You'd be the only one."

The four waited in silence after that, watching the door just hoping Erica was able to make it through. None of them wanted the idea of child endangerment to actually come back to bite them in the butt.

They continued to wait in silence and Eden began feeling kind of antsy. She let her hand shake at her side, trying to relieve any of the anxiety she was feeling. But it all sort of felt like it melted when someone grabbed Edens hand in their own. Eden turned slightly and smiled at Steve, who was already looking right back at her.

"Thanks." Eden whispered, looking forward again. Steve nodded, though his smile turned to a glare when Dustin looked at him with a smirk. "Shut it." Steve mouthed towards the boy, who just sent him an innocent look before he went back to his binoculars.

"All right, nerds. I'm there." Erica voiced, waiting for her next instructions. Robin sighed in relief. "Do you— do you see anything?" The walkie beeped again. "Yeah, I see those boring boxes you're so excited about." Robin nodded slightly. "Any guards?"

"Negative." Erica responded. "Booby traps?" Robin wondered again, waiting for the 10 year olds response. "If I could see them, they'd be pretty shit traps, wouldn't they?" Erica snapped back and Robin sent Eden a look that made the blonde laugh a bit to herself. "Thank you for that."

"I'm in." Erica spoke once more after a few moments. "Oh, god." Steve sighed thankfully, running his free hand through his hair. The doors to the secret room slowly began to open and Erica stepped out from inside, looking up at the four. "Free ice cream for life."

The four all just stood, moving as quickly as they could to meet her down by the doors. Eden moved as fast as she could until she was in front of Erica with the rest of the group, all of them walking into the room to look at all the boxes.