024 music

024   music

024   music

"You're not listening. Our friend is in danger." Nancy exclaimed, following behind Dr. Hatch as he angrily led the girls back toward his office. She was trying whatever she could do to get him to listen, to let them go. It wasn't working very well.

"Do you really expect me to believe anything you have to say at this point?" Dr. Hatch replied. "It's the truth!" Nancy yelled out. "You are free to tell your sob story to the police." Hatch replied.

Eden stuck close to Nancy, following as she tried to figure out a way to get them out of this. Robin quickly moved between the two, brain moving a mile a minute. "Victor said the night of the attack, everything went on in the house, but he made specific mention of music. He said music was playing. And then, when we asked him about the angel, he started to hum. Say nighty-night and kiss me hold me tight..."

"Dream a Little Dream of Me." Nancy realized. Edens she's widened. "That's why it sounded so familiar." Robin nodded. "Yeah, Ella Fitzgerald."

"The voice of an angel." Nancy caught. "Yeah. Hatch said that music can reach parts of the brain that words can't. So maybe that's the key, a lifeline." Eden turned to Robin. "You are a genius."

Nancy nodded, agreeing. "A lifeline back to reality." Robin smiled. "It's worth a shot." Nancy looked behind them at the guards quickly before turning back to Eden and Robin. "I think we can beat him."

"What?" Robin questioned immediately. "To the car." Nancy replied. "Okay. I am warning you right now, I have terrible coordination. Like, it took me six months longer to walk than all the other babies."

"I think we can do it." Eden nodded to Nancy, ignoring what Robin had to say. She'd come back to that walking thing later. Nancy nodded back at Eden and looked to Robin quick. "Just follow my lead."

"No, my god!" Robin responded, following the best she could as Eden and Nancy ran. "Hey! Get back here!" The creepy guard yelled, immediately chasing after the girls.

"Cinderella, you dropped your shoe!" A patient screamed and Eden could only assume Robin let the shoes go in order to keep up. But Eden didn't look back and just moved as quickly as she could.

"Oh my god!" Robin screamed as the three got some distance from the guards.

Once at the car, Eden hopped into the passenger seat after letting Robin in the back. Nancy moved to drive and locked the doors, which were immediately smacked by guards. "Hey!"

"Go, go, go, go, go!" Robin rushed. "Stop! Get out of the car. Get out of the car." A guard spoke over and over, though the girls just ignored him as Nancy started the car and drove away as quickly as she could.