022 love you in the dark

022   love you in the dark

022 love you in the dark

"Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Miss Kelly for help." Max spoke, taking in a breath as she made eye contact with Eden. "Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. And then... then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. And then they started seeing things. Bad things. From their pasts. And these visions, they just... they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually... everything ended." Max finished.

Eden frowned, wrapping her arms around herself. Her mind went back to Heather again, worry frowning inside of her. Because if what Max was saying was true... Eden hadn't even seen the worst of it. And scarily, neither had Max.

"Vecna's curse." Robin confirmed. "Chrissy's headache started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for 5 days." Max cried. She looked towards Eden, a small bit of hope in her chest that this had all just started. But Max knew not to get her hopes up. Eden looked down, away from everyone. "This is day 4."

Eden sensed movement from beside her but didn't look towards it. But Dustin did, watching as Steve ran an anxious hand through his hair as his gaze stayed with the blonde girl.

Max let out a shaky breath. "I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision. And I just saw that goddamn clock, so... looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow."

Eden stood quickly, leaving Miss Kelly's room as soon as possible. She felt like she might be sick, hand over her mouth as she tried her best to get some air. The blonde leaned against the wall and sunk down, she didn't want to die.

She looked up at the sound of a clang, her breathing getting short. Eden felt as a chill ran down her spine and her chest grew tight. But then she heard a noise from inside and her anxiety lessened... she was still in her real world.

And then Steve came out holding a lamp and Eden only grew confused. "What are you doing?" She wiped her eyes of any liquid that had almost spilt, standing up. "Didn't you hear the noise? Are you okay?" Steve wondered.

"I'm fine. And I did, but, I didn't know if I was imagining it." Eden admitted. Steve frowned slightly, nodding a bit. And then he remembered what he was doing, giving Eden a look. "Stay here, okay?"

Eden gave him a look back, as if he was crazy. "No way." Steve frowned. "Yes." Eden shook her head. "No."

"Yes." Steve just replied. "No." Eden responded again, crossing her arms over her chest. Steve sighed. "Fine. But stay behind me."

Eden nodded, following behind the boy. She noticed how everyone else began to make their way out of Miss Kelly's room, following the two as well. A flashlight shined from down the hall and there was more crashing.