023 pennhurst mental hospital

023   pennhurst mental hospital

"I can't breathe in this thing, and I'm itchy. I'm itching all over." Robin complained, heeling wobbling as she watched beside Nancy and Eden, both of whom were having no problems whatsoever with their outfits.

While the fancy dressed life Nancy lived wasn't exactly for Eden, it sort of reminded her of family events when she was younger. So, muscle memory just kind of kicked in as she moved in the stiff clothes and tall shoes.

Nancy sent Robin a look as she tried not to drop her smile. "It's not all about comfort. Okay? We're academics." Robin rolled her eyes, throwing her arms out. "Who are evidently coming straight from an Easter brunch. Also, this bra that you gave me is really pinching my boobs."

Eden chuckled a bit. "That feels like a previously bra-less yous problem." Robin mocked her laughing, trying to adjust her bra. "Okay. Could you just let me do the talking? If that's even possible?" Nancy sassed towards Robin. Robin nodded. "It's not only possible, it's inevitable. Because shortly, I'll be dead from strangulation."

"Jesus, it's like I'm with Steve and Dustin just somehow meaner." Eden mumbled to herself, shaking her head as she followed behind Nancy and Robin.

The three made their way into Dr. Hatch's office and took their seats, immediately beginning the process that would be getting to see Victor Creel. Dr. Hatch took their "resumes" and looked through everything Nancy had been able to get them printed.

"3.9 GPAs. All three of you. Impressive." Dr. Hatch nodded, setting the resume down. "And this is a recommendation from Professor Brantley." Nancy smiled, handing him the paper. Dr. Hatch smiled. "Yeah, I know Larry. Quite well, actually."

Eden sent a small look to Nancy, who only replicated it back before they both looked back at Dr. Hatch calmly. "Eh, you know what they say. "Those who can't do, teach." Hatch began chuckling at his own joke, Robin quickly joining in loudly.

Eden smiled, faking amusement as she worked to keep her leg from bouncing up and down anxiously.

Nancy smiled awkwardly. "Uh, yes, yes, that's actually why we're here. I mean, we can only learn so much in a classroom." Dr. Hatch nodded. "Mmm. And I'm sympathetic to your struggle, truly. But there is a protocol to visiting a patient like Victor. You have to put in a request and then you have to undergo a screening process, at which point the board will make a decision." He pushed their papers back toward the girls. "I can see you're disappointed. But I'm more than happy to give you a tour of our facility. Perhaps you can even speak to some patients in our low-security wing."

Eden bit the inside of her cheek to keep herself from speaking up. They didn't have the time to wait longer to see Victor and any other patient would just be a waste of time. They needed to save Max, no matter what.