020 what's up with victor creel

020   what's up with victor creel

"Okay, help me get this straight. Eddie's uncle, Wayne, thinks that Victor Creel escaped from Pennhurst Asylum and that he's the one running around Hawkins committing all these murders?" Robin recapped, trying to understand what Nancy had explained to Eden and Robin in the car.

"Pretty much." Nancy nodded, sending Robin a stretched smile. "But Victor committed the eyeball murders, like, way back in the '50s." Robin continued. Nancy shrugged as she opened the door to the Hawkins Library. "Well, '59."

The three walked into the library. "So, that means these murders predate Eleven in the Upside Down by about 30 years?" Robin questioned, though it was pretty rhetorical. Eden agreed it seemed far fetched, but Nancy was notorious for being counted out with her ideas and then being right. Eden had seen it in school and had been recapped heavily by Nancy herself when it came to the rats from the summer, so Eden figured it was better to just trust what Nancy was thinking.

"Yeah." Nancy just responded, smiling at the lady behind the counter at the library. "Which makes spooky Victor Creel like 70 years old." Robin continued, making hand motions as she spoke. Eden just sent her friend a small look before she chuckled at said hand motions. Robin smiled back but turned her attention back around to Nancy when the girl rung the small bell for assistance and yet again spoke, "yup."

Robin set her arm on the counter, resting her head in her hand. "So, he's a grandpa murderer who can turn invisible and lift people into the air." Edens eyes shifted back over to Nancy after that one, Robin had a point. "It doesn't make sense. I know. That's why I said it was a shot in the dark." Nancy rung the bell again.

Eden turned back to Robin again, Nancy also had a point. "I know. I just thought that by "shot in the dark," you were being modest or hiding something super solid up your sleeve that you were gonna wow us with later. But this is really, truly a shot in the dark." Nancy rung the bell two more times as Robin continued. "Like, we are snipers with blindfolds on who've been spun around 50 times."

Nancy didn't respond that time, just began ringing the bell over and over waiting for assistance. Edens eyes widened slightly as she reached her hand out towards Nancy's. "Maybe we stop ringing the bell?"

Nancy just rang it once more and, luckily, a new voice spoke up. "Coming!" Mrs. Waldon, the Hawkins librarian, spoke as she gave all three girls a tight, slightly annoyed, smile. "Hi. Sorry, we're in a bit of a rush. Could we get the keys to the basement archives?" Nancy wondered. Mrs. Waldon smiled. "Of course. Give me one sec."

After a moment, Robin swung around towards Nancy with a question in mind. "Did I come off mean or condescending or something?" Nancy gave Robin a slight look before looking forward again. "No." Robin nodded. "Right. Sorry. It's just, you seem annoyed. You don't know me very well. I don't really have a filter or a strong grasp of social cues."