014 change in the tide

014   change in the tide

014 change in the tide

Eden shot up out of bed quickly, breathing fast. She looked around her room in a panic as her heart rate continued to feel like it was skyrocketing. "Stupid nightmare." Eden sighed, rubbing her forehead lightly. She'd had a similar nightmare the night before, her mind plagued with thoughts of Heather Holloway and the events that had taken place over the summer.

Eden thought she'd be able to move past it all by now. Her senior year was close to being done as today was the last day of school before spring break. She didn't expect to be completely over everything, but having nightmares months and months later wasn't something she expected.

Though Eden felt a sort of guilt that this was only her second nightmare about what happened. Like she was just forgetting her best friend and moving on. Heather had been her friend since they were young, and yet she had easily hidden away her grief for the girl enough to where most days even she forgot about it.

So now this felt like karma, nightmares plaguing her sleep to remind her of the one she so easily forgot about.

But Eden couldn't just spend her day dissecting her dream. She had to get to school and get the day over with. Immediately when she stood, a headache began to form in the girls head. She moved into her bathroom and swallowed some Tylenol, hoping to relieve the sudden pain.

"Eden! Hurry up there's a pep rally this morning and I don't want to miss it." Lizzie spoke, popping her head into Edens room. "Chill, we have time." Eden replied, beginning to put light mascara on her lashes as she brushed her teeth. "Uh, no we don't. Hurry up."

Eden scrunched her eyebrows up in confusion, turning to the clock on her bedside table. Her eyes widened as she realized just how little time she actually had. She must have slept through her alarm. So, Eden began hurrying. She did all she needed to do and changed into some jeans along with a long sleeve shirt under a red short sleeved one. She quickly pulled on her shoes before grabbing her backpack, running down the stairs as she tied her hair back in a low ponytail.

Lizzie was stood by the door, waiting for her sister annoyed as she held out a waffle she'd put into the toaster. Eden took it quickly, grabbing her car keys as she bit into the pastry. "Okay, let's go." Lizzie sighed. "Finally. I was about to put my life on the line and ride with Ryan."

"I heard that you little mutant!" Ryan shouted from the kitchen. "Well stop complaining and walk out the door. Go." Eden ushered, shutting the door behind herself after her sister walked through.

Eden shoved the rest of her breakfast into her mouth, ignoring the complaints by Lizzie about not wanting to save her life if she choked, and slid into the drivers seat of her car, Lizzie moving into the passenger seat. Eden pulled out of their driveway quickly, finding her need to rush slow down a lot as they now were right on schedule to leave.