021 clock in the wall

021   clock in the wall

Eden, Robin, and Nancy all ran into the Hawkins High School as quickly as they could. Dustin had radioed again saying something strange happened with Max and all Eden knew was she was not going to let that girl go through anything she didn't need to. Max deserved some peace and Eden wanted that for her.

So, when they finally found the red head, Dustin, Steve, and Beck were already with her. "Max!" Eden called, trying her best to slow to a stop as she pulled the girl into her. Max, though a bit shocked, hugged back. She'd never had a sister, but Eden somehow made her feel like she did.

"What happened?" Nancy questioned, as Robin and herself slowed their pace as well. The three found themselves in Ms. Kelly's office where the other four had been going through her papers. It was weird for Eden to be back in here already, off.

"I— I don't know." Max spoke, shaking her head. "There was this grandfather clock but then suddenly I was back in here." Max continued. "Where was the clock?" Robin questioned, not knowing what else to say. "Can you show us?"

Max nodded, slowly leading the group into the hallway. But Eden held back for a moment, eye catching the small paper with Ms. Kelly's handwriting on it. She picked it up and read over the words that popped out to her the most. Headaches. Nosebleeds. Nightmares.

And then she noticed that she was looking at a note Ms. Kelly had written for Chrissy. And next to it, one for Fred with the exact same symptoms. "What the hell." Eden whispered to herself, racking her brain for any reason that could make this all make sense.

Those symptoms, those issues, were the exact same ones Eden had been dealing with. They were the exact descriptions she'd given to Ms. Kelly herself during all of her recent meetings. She didn't understand how that was possible.

"Eden?" Eden turned around at the voice, seeing Steve waiting outside the room looking towards her concerned. "You okay?" Eden nodded slowly, placing the papers down again and going to move past him. But Steve grabbed her hand, stopping her. "Can we please talk?"

Eden sighed. "Not— right now. Max needs us and I don't want to keep them waiting any longer." The blonde girl moved out of his grasp, ignoring the tingling feeling in her fingers at the sudden lack of touch as she hurried back towards where the rest of the group was at the end of the hall waiting for the two. Steve sighed, following after her as she turned down a dead end with everyone else.

Max pointed her flashlight at the wall as she began to freak herself out. "It was here. Right here." Nancy scrunched up her eyebrows in confusion. "A grandfather clock?" Max nodded quickly. "It was so real. and then, when I got closer, suddenly I just... I woke up."