Hitting the Books

HITTING THE BOOKS 

HITTING THE BOOKS 

  "CAN'T BELIEVE IM DOING THIS." 

Jermey mumbles to himself as he walked through the aisles of books, curiosity was getting the best of him, he wanted to know who this girl who kept appearing to him.   At first, he thought she was gonna leave him alone after their first encounter, after appearing to him warning him that something bad could happen to him with seeing ghosts, why would someone like her warn him about it. 

 She told him to look her up at the public library, he wasn't one for reading unless he had to, he went to the librarian's counter, an older woman with olive skin and black hair cut to a pixie cut, she had a set of glasses on her the bridge of her nose.  He clears his through getting her attention. 

"Can I help you?" She asks, he bites his lip looking around him before saying. 

"Yeah, are the public records stored here?" He asks, she nods her head.  

"We do, we have all the records and Newpapers, but certain things are stored at city hall, why would you be interested in looking at public records?" She asks him, he stammers for second thinking of something clever. 

"Summer project, I write a paper on strange occurrence or death in Mystic falls." He anwsered, she chuckles lightly. 

"Well, you came to the right place, upstairs listed under P, and try not to knock stuff down, try the computers to." She informs him, she pushes her glasses up before going back to reading her book, he pats the counter thanking her. 

He walked upstairs of the library, his fingers trace the lines of files, he didn't know where to start he only had her name and her looks, he tried to think of anything that would lead back to her, he remembers the jacket she wears, a red bomber jacket with a boombox patch ironed on the left arm. 

The jacket seemed like it was old but not to old that she would be from sixties, his vague memory of the sixties the girls weren't shown in jackets like that, he guesses the nighties maybe eighties. 

"She really didn't give me anything to go off of here." Jermey mumbles to himself, he makes his way to the the T section of the records not finding anything on the name Theadora, he sighs, he gets an idea. 

"If she was from the eighties then her name will be in the newspapers or yearbooks." He mumbles to himself; he looks around himself to make sure no one heard him speaking to himself.  Not many people come to the library there was only a few adults and some kids. 

He finds the laptops, he sits down typing into the computer, Newspapers, choosing the catagory of strange deaths in 1980s.  As suspected multiple animals' attacks were cause of most of them, basically meaning vampire attacks, few heart attacks, car crashes, one article under the animal attacks stood out. 

Theadora King voted Souper of the month of November/

He chuckles at the headline, looking down to see her in a apron that read Mystic falls community center, her smiling with her hair pined up with a little boy who looked to be three years old holding a can of soup, the date reading November, 15, 1981.