Bittersweet

Bittersweet

THEA SAT against a tree watching from a distance, her brother sat against a bench watching his daughter play in the sand box. Gemma shakes the sand off her yellow tank top she pats the sand as she continues to make sandcastles, she didn't have many friends during the summertime, most of the time she was between parents, spending two weeks at her dads and two at her mothers. 

Thea watches as she takes a cup forming a round mold of sand, she smiles at her, she liked gemmas creativity she knew that she got it from her mom and not her father, she chuckles thinking of how she had to show her brother how to glue a pumpkin together for Halloween. 
Gemmas. 

The little girl looks around her spotting a familiar red jacket. Her face lights up with glee, she waves with her pink shovel in her hand, Thea waves back, she stands up walking over to her, she kneels down in the sand with her. 

"Hey." She exclaims in excitement. "How's the sand building coming?" She wonders, Gemma picks up a pile of sand she tosses it at the teen, it goes right through her as the little girl chuckles at her. 

"You did not just try that." She exclaims, she would return the favor only she couldn't, she looks at her brother who had his eyes on her, Thea sighs heavy. 

"How's your daddy been?" Thea asks Gemma crossing her legs, she shrugs her shoulder. 

"Okay, I think." She tells her, she digs her shovel into the sand, Thea nods her head. 

"Why can't daddy see you?" Gemma wonders, Thea feels her jaw drop for a moment as she stutters for answer, she had never wondered before. "Um He's not special, not like you, why do you ask?" 

"The boy at the grill was special he saw you." Gemma tells her, she feels herself getting flustered in trying to find a answer, she didn't think she saw her, and Jermey go to into the bathroom. 

"I guess he was special, you weren't supposed to be watching me." She playfully scolds her, Gemma smirks at her flustereness. She gets up to her feet running to the playset, she turns around back at her.  She runs up the steps of the playground. 

She gets the slide turning around expecting her to be chasing her, her brows furrow, she jumps back in Suprise seeing her standing in front of her. "How did you?" 

"I'm faster than your new shoes, you just gotta get faster." She taunts, Gemma pouts, she looks at the dark blue slide, she walks beside Thea going to the slide down only for it to be cut off by a boy wearing a striped shirt and cargo shorts. 

"Beat it." He says pumping his chest, the young girl stands not intimidated at his threats. 

"I'm sorry, I was here first." Gemma says her voice meek, he scoffs at the small girl, two boys crawl out from the tunnel standing next to the freckled boy, she steps back scared, Thea glares at them, even though they couldn't see her.