The Birthday

The Birthday 

"ITS A GOOD DAY, to be Elena gilbert, she's getting free crap while we stand here looking like a bunch of idoits." Donna jokes as her hands trace the tables of the Salvatore mansion.

"I miss having birthday parties, last one I had I was twelve." Thea reminisces, she flicks a balloon she laughs at the noise it makes.

"Last one I had I was seventeen, once I went to college I saw them as stupid so I just didn't bother with celebrating." Donna informs her, Thea gasps turning around to face.

"Say what, your birthday is a time of celebration and a dawn of new time for you, how could you not celebrate that?" Thea wonders in disbelief, Donna chuckles standing on the table.

"Well some of us didn't have a whole family there to celebrate it, momma would get a sheet cake from the market and mark out bar mitzvah with birthday." Donna recalls, she balance on the edge of the table.

"Well your mom puts in effort that's what matters on my birthdays now my mom leaves a balloon at my grave." Thea tells her sadly, she sighs at the reminder.

"Hey, if I could I would light a candle for you everyday." Donna tells her jumping off the table.

"I would do the same for you to, well actually I heard of different ways some people light lanterns some have their ashs put into gun powder and shot out in a firework."Thea informs her she sits on the table her legs criss crossed.

"What that's badass, but I would rather you smoke my ashes." Donna tells her putting her chin on theas shoulder, she raises her brow at her friend.

"Wait what."

"That's what Tupac wanted done with his." Donna informs her, Thea chuckles lightly.

Both women watch as Elena, Caroline and Tyler set up for the Gilbert girls birthday bash.

" I feel like I have to fight Damon everything we find a new lead on stefan." Elena vents taking napkin from Caroline, not seeing Thea sitting on the table.

"Maybe he doesn't want to find him" Tyler guesses. Thea laughs at his bluntness.

"Tyler!" Caroline scolds, Donna moves from the table standing next to Caroline.

"What? He's into you, isn't he? Tyler says to her.

"Well he is into her, he is just very bad with showing his emotions." Donna comments, Thea snorts.

"The only reason Stefan left with Klaus was so that he could save Damon's life. I mean, trust me, Damon wants to find him. "Elena explains, Thea makes a noise disagreeing.

"Um are you sure about that because he is making a smorgasbord out of Flordia and has made zero attempt to call home." Thea says Donna gives her a thumb.