𝗧𝗪𝗢

"It wasn't me. It was my evil twin"
-Unknown-

The team gets to the police station and find out that they let the other twin, Jesse Gentry, go

The team gets to the police station and find out that they let the other twin, Jesse Gentry, go. "We didn't have a choice" The detective states and Maya scoffs as the detective defends herself saying the whole firm was there within minutes to protect the suspect so they had no other choice but to let him go.

Garcia calls and explains the backstory of the twins. The twins were separated at 3, and a few years ago the twin got his adoption records unsealed and found out about the existence of his brother but there's no evidence that they're in contact.

_____

The next day, the team gathers in the conference room at the station and talks about the information they have Jesse and Wallace separately. "Since we can't surveil Jesse, we dug deeper into his life" Maya states as she sits down, looking at the board her and JJ assembled.

"His adoption was through a local parish. His adoptive family was stable" JJ adds, shrugging her shoulders as she feels there's no way Jesse was involved in these murders.

"He also had good grades through college and dreams of law school. Hence the job at the firm" Derek states, holding a cup of coffee in his hand securely.

The team talks more and realizes that maybe they should watch Carla, the twin's mother, if they want to find her son. Garcia calls and tells the team she found records that Carla used to send the killer out of town on a train when he got into trouble.

JJ, Maya and Derek get ready to go to the train station because if they find the mother, they'll find Wallace.

______

Over at the train station, Maya looks down at a magazine when Derek walks over and stands next to her as if he's looking at one himself. "We have eyes on Carla Hines. She's approaching now" One of the decoys says through the earpiece.

Maya sighs and secretly adjusts her earpiece behind her ear as she looks over at Carla before flipping through the magazine slowly.

They watch Carla wander around as she looks around for someone curiously and no one moves until they see some evidence of Wallace. "Somethings up. She doesn't see Wallace" Maya states, letting everyone know before she closes her magazine in her hand and narrows her eyes at Carla from afar.

Carla starts to leave when she doesn't see the killer anywhere around and JJ, Maya and Derek crowd around her before she can go anywhere.

"We're with the FBI, we need to talk" Maya states as she shows Carla Hines her badge. Carla sadly agrees and follows the agents back to the station.

_____

Back at the station, while Hotch talks with Carla, Maya goes to the bathroom and when she was finished, she began washing her hands thoroughly before JJ walked out one of the stalls. It was awkward and the only sound was heels clicking on the hard tile and water running from the faucet.