𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔

"The stars are proof that even on the darkest night there is little light"
-D.J-

THE MORNING BEFORE

THE MORNING BEFORE

Maya lays in bed sound asleep, cuddled next to Derek in their large bed, the feeling of the soft fabric of their comforter continues to keep them in a deep sleep. Maya interlocks her hand with Derek as she pushes her back closer to his chest, feeling as if they aren't already close enough. Derek groans happily and tightens his hold on Maya as they lay sound asleep in bed despite the bright morning sun shining through their thin silk curtains.

Maya's stomach begins to bubble, and Mayas eyes open immediately. She places her hand over her mouth as she gags quietly until she has the urge to throw up. Maya throws Derek's arm from around her and lunges towards the bathroom in their room, quickly slamming the door behind her as she kneels down towards the toilet and releases into it, letting it all out.

"Wh- Maya, you, okay?" Derek says sheepishly as she rubs his eyes tiredly. "Uh, mm" Maya mumbles to herself, keeping her hand on her stomach as she fights the urge to not throw up again, "Yeah, I'm fine. I promise-" The escapes Mayas lips before she releases into the toilet yet again, wiping the sides of her mouth as she cringes at the rancid odor before flushing the toilet and proceeding to wash her hands and brush her teeth.

What could possibly be wrong?

PRESENT DAY
(the day after)

Derek sits in his office, looking through files when Maya stands in the doorway sending the door a swift knock before inviting herself in anyway. Her hands immediately go to rest in her back pocket, and she stands in-front of Derek's desk and watches as he looks at her with a sparkle in his eyes.

It seems like every-time he sees Maya or hears her speak he falls more and more in love and Maya could recognize it with every glance.

"Hey, um, when we get home, we should talk" Maya says, looking down at Derek, whose eyebrows twitch with worry. "Why? Everything, okay?" Derek asks, sitting up in his seat, tapping his pen vigorously on his desk. "Totally" Maya sighs before she pats Derek on his shoulder, leaving him utterly speechless as she leaves the room, greeting Garcia on her way out.

"Hey, we got a case" Garcia says, the same thing she told Maya, raising up a file before she notices Derek is in some kind of haze where he's staring straight ahead, not able to hear the words escaping Garcia's mouth, though, he can see her lips moving with ease.

"Woah, you look- shocked. I'm not a profiler but I'd say since Maya just left your office this has something to do about her" Garcia says as she steps further into Derek's office with a concerned look on her face. "I think Mayas going to break up with me..." Derek admits and Garcia chuckles until she realizes Derek isn't laughing and immediately stops.