𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔-𝙊𝙉𝙀

"You have a place in my heart no one else could ever have"
-F. Scott Fitzgerald"

tw; miscarriage (i will explain more at the end)

"Derek, what's going on?" Maya asks as she stands to her feet and Derek places his other hand on his car while keeping the phone to his ear

"Derek, what's going on?" Maya asks as she stands to her feet and Derek places his other hand on his car while keeping the phone to his ear. "I don't know" Derek groans and Maya's breathing starts to pick up.

"I was just walking- Maya, I need help. I don't kn- Ah!" Derek shouts over the phone. "Derek! What is happening!? Derek!" Maya shouts over the phone as she hears a clattering sound and the sounds of struggling. "Call Hotch, Maya! Call him!" Derek says before the line cuts off, leaving Maya in complete and utter shock...

______

Derek walks up towards the house and opens the door before shutting it behind him. "Hello hello hello!" He shouts as he looks around the entryway of the house before a little girl rush down the stairs, excited to see him.

"Daddy!" The little girls screams before she rushes up to Derek, who greets her with open arms, but has a confused look on his face.

"Daddy? Yeah, I'm home!" Derek goes along with it before pulling away from the hug and kissing the cheek of his supposed daughter. "Now tell me how we work at the same place, but you get home hours after me?" Maya questions as she exits the kitchen with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Uh oh, Daddy's in trouble. But it's time for dinner so go wash up!" Derek urges and the little girl rushes off up the stairs to go clean up her hands before dinner as Derek stands to his feet and looks at Maya before they meet up in the dinner room as Maya sets the clean plates on the dinner table.

"Hotch needed help with some paperwork so I told him to head home and let me handle it" Derek says as he gently rests his hands on her waist. "You could've called. I picked up Fran 20 minutes late from the babysitter's house" Maya states and Derek's before he turns Maya around to face him.

"It was work and I'm sorry" Derek apologizes before he leans in and places his lips onto Maya's, which she accepts and kisses him back before they both pull away, looking into each other's eyes.

"Next time, tell me because I was sitting here teaching Fran her multiplication tables. We got up to 7" Maya says as Derek chuckles and pulls Maya closer towards him, her arms wrapping around his neck. "Do you know how much I love you?" Derek asks and Maya flirtatiously raises her eyebrow, "No, but I'm willing to find out" Maya jokes before Derek pulls her in for another kiss, never wanting to let go until he sees someone in the corner and immediately pulls away from Maya.