𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

"Some women fear the fire. Some women simply become it"
-Unknown-

 Some women simply become it"-Unknown-

ONE WEEK AGO

Maya steps into the execution chamber watch room. A curtain was covering the window to the other side, so she wasn't able to see Delilah just yet. Surprisingly, Maya was the only one who came to watch. Maya came alone because she refused to let Derek come with her. She needed to see this alone anyway.

Maya took a deep breath and sat down on one of the cold metal chairs, silence ringing in her ears. Suddenly a buzzer rang loudly before coming to a stop. The curtain covering the window opened and Delilah was lying on the gurney, slight tears in her eyes as she scanned the watch room until her eyes fell upon Maya who was the only person in the room.

Delilah's arm and legs were strapped down, making it impossible for her to escape. Sadly, she didn't even want too. Maya talked to Delilah a lot and Delilah wasn't even upset that she was getting death row. In a way, she thought she deserved it and maybe she did. She became her father. She became the villain that all the victim's families will talk about.

She will be known as a psychopath. A monster.

"Warden, you may proceed" A deep voice called out, pulling Maya out of her trance. The warden injected a serum into a tube that was attached to Delilah's arm. Maya watched as the clear serum made its way through the tube until it finally went into her arm.

Delilah's jaw clenched and she balled her fist up tightly, starting to feel the pain of harsh injection.

Maya's breathing became heavy as she locked eyes with Delilah and a smile grew on Delilah's face before she mumbled... "Thank you."

A tear slid down Delilah's cheek as her tightly balled up fist slowly started to release itself. Her head fell back onto the gurney, and she was slowly but surely leaving this world. Maya's let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and suddenly an eerie feeling entered the entire room, sending shivers all over her body.

Delilah's eyes began to close before she took one last exhale, her body finally falling limp on the gurney.

Maya cleared her throat and looked around the empty quiet room and stood to her feet. She looked back to Delilah as they proceeded to place a white cloth over her now dead body. Maya shook her head sadly and decided it was time to go.

She left the room and didn't stop walking until she was outside the building, getting into her car and somehow... she felt relieved.