𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

"And little by little, she found the courage for it all"
-J.H Hard-

The door to Derek and Maya's apartment door open, Maya being the one to have opened it

The door to Derek and Maya's apartment door open, Maya being the one to have opened it. She slowly closes it and proceeds to lock it as she enters the house a little early in the morning. She notices Derek on the couch snoring in his sleep.

Maya sighs as she grabs a mug from the cabinet and turns on the pot of coffee so she can get a morning boost.

Derek jerks awake from his slumber as he hears appliances and moving around going on near him. He lets out a soft yawn before turning and noticing Maya in the kitchen.

"It's 9:30 in the morning. You left at like 7, why?" Derek asks, standing to his feet as he maneuvers his way into the kitchen where Maya stands by the coffee pot as it makes coffee.

"I left to go get something" Maya says, lying straight through her teeth. "But you didn't bring anything in" Derek says as he looks around his area and notices no bags or new items. "Um, I left it in the car" Maya shrugs while she closes her eyes shut, knowing she's not selling her lie.

Derek then checks his phone for the date. "It's Thursday. Every Thursday for the last 2 months you leave early in the morning" Derek realizes as he sets his phone down on the kitchen counter while Maya pours a cup of coffee immediately after it was finished.

"You noticed that?" Maya asks, walking past Derek as she sips her coffee. "I'm a profiler, I notice everything" Derek declares as he watches Maya walk away.

"I also notice when you lie" Derek states and Maya stops in her tracks, letting out a stressful sigh. "It's nothing important" Maya shrugs, turning around to face Derek who is visibly upset Maya isn't talking to him about something.

"Maya, we had an agreement. No more secrets" Derek voices and Maya sets her cup of coffee on the counter before she rests her body against it.

"I- uh, I went to go see Delilah. That's where I go every Thursday. I go to the prison and see her" Maya says while Derek tries to comprehend what Maya just said. "Delilah Perez? The women who kidnapped you, held you at gun point, and almost got you blown up?" Derek questions and Maya sighs as she pushes herself on top of the countertop and lets out an annoyed sigh.

"Yes, Derek, that Delilah" Maya confirms. "Why?" Derek wonders as he steps closer to Maya who continues to sit on the countertop. Maya stammers over her words, trying to find the right ones to say.

Suddenly, her and Dereks phone begin to buzz which Maya is slightly happy about as she swiftly pulls her phone out of her back pocket, seeing the message from Penelope that they have a new case, and they need to meet up at the jet because it's urgent.