𝗦𝗜𝗫

"Everyone has a chapter they don't read out loud"
-Unknown-

"Are you sure you shouldn't say anything?" JJ asks as her, Maya and Cruz walk side by side together

"Are you sure you shouldn't say anything?" JJ asks as her, Maya and Cruz walk side by side together. "Positive" Cruz answers quickly as the three of them make their way towards the elevator to get to the newest crime scene.

"People think we're having an affair" JJ recalls and Maya scoffs before she points to JJ and Cruz, "They think you two are having an affair and they think I know about it. Trust me, this is not a throuple" Maya states before she walks ahead of the two and gets into an elevator with Rossi.

_____

It seems that there were two bodies buried in the back yard of the house, well, skeletons. And there's no initial clue as to how long they've been there. So, the family who's been in the house for 35 years might be on the hook or might be in the clear.

"There's no indication of how long the bodies have been here" Maya states when Derek informs her and the rest of them, they're waiting for the ME to arrive to give them that information. Maya quickly locks eyes with Derek but shamefully looks away.

She hasn't talked to Derek since there argument and had no intention too, but she can't deny that she felt a little lost without him.

"Uh, so, where's the family now?" Maya asks, scratching the back of her neck nervously. "The husband and son work at the father's construction company. They're on their way home right now, and Mrs. Johnsons inside the house" Reid answers and Maya nods her head understandingly before Hotch decides to go speak to her alone.

"I'll come too" Maya states as she sees Derek at the corner of her eye start to walk towards her, but she rushes to Hotch before he can get her attention.

Hotch and Maya start to walk to the front where they hear a car pull up in the driveway. "What's going with you and Morgan?" Hotch asks and Maya sighs defeatedly, "Is it really that noticeable?" Maya questions and Hotch nods his head positively before they see Mr. Johnson and his son exit the van.

"Can I help you?" Mr. Johnson asks as Maya and Hotch walk up to him. "Yes, sir, I'm Agent Hotchner and this is one of my partners Agent Regan. We're with the FBI" Hotch introduces while Maya looks over at the son who widens his eyes in shock after hearing the word FBI.

"Hotch- Hotch!" Maya shouts as the son makes a run for it, Maya hit on his tail. "Lyle!" Maya shouts as she and Hotch run down the street after him. Lyle tries to jump a fence but there's a vicious dog on the other side. Maya walks towards him and grabs his foot before pulling him down to solid ground and looking at him with disappointment.

"Please, don't shoot" Lyle begs as Maya places his arms behind his back and cuffs them. "We just want to talk to you" Maya sighs before she starts to escort Lyle back to the house.