𝗧𝗘𝗡

"Sometimes you can't let go of what's making you sad, because it was the only thing that made you happy"
-Unknown-

"Sometimes you can't let go of what's making you sad, because it was the only thing that made you happy"-Unknown-

"He's been sitting at her desk for the last week. He won't even go in his office" Garcia says sadly as she looks to Derek who sits at Maya's desk doing some paperwork. Reid, Alex and Rossi stand with her and watch him from a distance.

"Well, Maya leaving is still fresh, and it was clear they cared about each other" Alex states as she tilts her head, watching Derek discreetly. "He hasn't even called me baby girl in two weeks" Garcia whines and Rossi widens his eyes jokingly, "Something must seriously be wrong".

"I wonder who'll take Maya's place" Reid questions and Garcia widens her eyes, "What? They can't do that" Garcia states while Rossi and Alex knit their eyebrows knowingly. "Uh, they kind of can" Alex states as Garcia sighs sadly before the elevator dings behind them, JJ walking out of it.

"You're back!" Garcia cheers as JJ walks up to the small group with a smile. "And ready to get to work" JJ states before the team looks to her, wondering if she's okay but too afraid to ask.

"I'm fine, guys. I love my boys, but I was starting to get a little stir crazy" JJ jokes making the group let out soft chuckles before turning their attention back to Derek who has yet to leave Maya's desk.

"Hm, why isn't Derek in his office- Oh..." JJ trails off, remembering that one week ago Maya decided to leave the BAU and go into witness protection. They never say how long someone will be in their because they don't want people to worry but it just makes people worry even more.

"Yeah, he hasn't moved yet" Rossi whispers over to JJ.

ONE WEEK AGO

"Guys, seriously, you don't have to help" Maya says as Rossi and Hotch help Maya take her suitcases to the car. The team had gathered at Maya's house so they could say goodbye. "It's no problem" Hotch says as him and Rossi exit the house. Maya stays in her room and packs up another bag while the team is in her kitchen, helping themselves to a glass of wine which Rossi brought over.

Knock Knock. Maya turns to the doorway and sees Derek and a smile immediately grows on her face as she folds one of the last couple shirts and puts it into the bag.

"Hey" Derek greets, a glass of wine in his hand. "Hi" Maya says softly, leaving silence between them before she got the courage to walk over to him.

"I hope you aren't mad" Maya says, making Derek knit his eyebrows in confusion as he sets his glass down on top of the dresser. "About what? Maya, I can't make your decisions for you" Derek states and Maya sighs before she gently pushes Derek back, "But you can tell me not to go" Maya says before Derek grabs her hand and holds them with grace before walking closer to her.