𝙁𝙄𝙁𝙏𝙃-𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

"You're afraid to die. You're afraid to live. What a way to exist"
-Electra Heart-

In the chaotic din of the diner, Maya's heart raced as she frantically searched for a means of escape

In the chaotic din of the diner, Maya's heart raced as she frantically searched for a means of escape. Spotting a gleaming knife in the nearby kitchen, she lunged for it, her hands trembling with adrenaline as she sawed through the rope binding her wrists. With a relieved groan, she massaged her aching wrists, the pain a stark reminder of the hours of captivity she had endured.

As the kitchen door swung open, the sudden rush of officers filled the diner, their shouts blending with the cacophony of gunfire. But James showed no signs of stopping, his determination fueling the chaos that threatened to consume them all.

Maya's gaze darted towards the commotion, her eyes widening with a mix of relief and fear as she spotted Derek in his FBI vest, a beacon of hope in the midst of the mayhem. A fleeting smile tugged at her lips, a brief moment of reassurance until horror struck like a thunderbolt.

"Derek!" Maya's cry echoed through the chaos, her voice raw with emotion as she watched helplessly, her world crumbling as Derek's body fell to the relentless barrage of gunfire. The weight of loss bore down on her, tears stinging her eyes as she grappled with the sudden, brutal reality of the situation. In that moment, amid the turmoil and tragedy, Maya's heart shattered, the bond between teammates forged in the crucible of danger and camaraderie now torn apart by the merciless hand of fate.

_____

"Reid! Wake up. Please, wake up" Natalie begs under her breath as she looks down at the blood that stains her hands from when she was helping stop the bleeding coming from his neck.

_____

Maya looks out the door that the preacher ran out of and proceeds to chase him down, despite Derek and JJ not knowing she's even here. Her boots hit the ground hard as she chases him down.

When the preacher looks behind him a few times, he fires his gun, causing it to slow Maya down since she has to find cover before she gets hit with one of his bullets.

JJ and Derek have a foot chase with the preacher, and Maya, eventually following them into an abandoned building. Maya follows him into the abandoned building as well and before he can turn around and fire his gun, she jumps off a random chair and tackles him to the ground, causing him to fire aimlessly around the building.

"Ahh!" Mills cries out before Maya punches him across the face multiple times.

Maya hears multiple footsteps behind her, "FBI! Hands where I can see them!" Derek shouts as Maya has her fist raised in the air, ready to hit Mills once again. "Hands up, now!" JJ shouts and Maya slowly stands to her feet as she looks down at the man she knows as James breathing heavily and blood pouring out of his mouth from the punch Maya sent to his face multiple times.