𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔-𝙏𝙒𝙊

"You have to fight through the bad days to earn the best days of your life"
-Unknown-

"You have to fight through the bad days to earn the best days of your life"-Unknown-

6 MONTHS LATER

Derek and Maya arrive at the office separately because Derek said he had a meeting with someone before he went to the office. It was quite suspicious, and Maya wanted to pry, but she's been trying to control that ever since the incident with Derek getting taken and Maya losing the baby. They both have been trying to remain positive and look on the bright side, but there are always bad days for both of them.

Maya walks through the lobby and office, not seeing any familiar faces from her team. She steps into Derek's office and doesn't see him sitting at his desk. She looks around the empty room before she feels a presence behind her and when she turns around its Rossi.

"What's going on?" Maya asks, setting her bag down on one of the lone chairs in Dereks office as she looks to Rossi, who stands in the doorway. "Why does something have to be going on for me to greet you?" Rossi asks and Maya sighs before she spots his hands behind his back.

"What do you have?" Maya questions, taking a wary step forward. "Oh, this" Rossi says as he hands Maya a bright red rose. "A rose..." Maya trails off, hesitantly taking the rose from Rossi hands.

"I don't like surprises" Maya states as Rossi gestures her to follow him and when Maya exits the office, she sees other colleagues standing in a line, all holding roses.

"Okay, what the actual hell is going on?" Maya asks as she continues to follow Rossi while trying to grab every rose from the people standing in line. Once they reach the conference room, Maya has a bouquet of flowers in her hands and Rossi has his hand on the doorknob.

"Rossi, I don't like surprises so, whatever it is, just tell me" Maya begs and Rossi shakes his head before he opens the door to the conference room.

Once the door opens, Maya sees an isle of roses on the floor that leading up to someone. Specifically, Derek. Fairy lights hang on the walls and the members of the team such as Garcia, JJ, Reid, Natalie, Hotch, and now Rossi stand aimlessly around the room.

Maya looks towards Derek, who has a bright smile on his face. "What is going on?" Maya asks as she walks down the isle of roses until she is stood in front of Derek with a bouquet of roses in her hand. "Well, I wanted to do this at the place we first met" Derek voices, gesturing around the conference room where he caught his first glimpse of Maya, who sat in Emily's chair.

"Do what? Derek, I don't like this" Maya says as she looks around at her team, who are practically her family even though one of them actually is, scared that they are all staring at her. All attention was focused on Maya and a sudden feeling of realization rose in her chest as Derek took Maya's hand in his and dropped down on one knee, staring up at her with his beautiful brown eyes.