Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I stood there, back against the door. No. He cant just come here and kiss me, and toy with my feelings and just leave... I flung the door open angrily to catch him. But he had already left. "Fuck" i muttered under my breath.

I headed back inside shutting the door.

_________________________________________________________________________________

"Scar" I felt tugging on my shirt. "SCAR. GET UP" I was flung off the bed. What the hell? I groggily opened my eyes to see Valerie in an overized shirt hovering over me on the floor. Why is Valerie always the one waking me up these days. Who the hell wants to wake up to this shit. Especially in the morning. "Eh, School" She said tiredly as she shuffled back to her room, top knot bobbing.

I dragged myself up, and shoulders slumped, walked towards my closet, picking out a pair of black skinny jeans, and a white t-shirt. I walked to the bathroom and got ready.

"Whats for breakfast?" I yelled as i walked-almost tripping-down the stairs.

"Pancakes" Taylor said bluntly, as she stood at the stove flipping pancakes. I sat down one of the Islands stool and rested my face on the palm of my hand. Just as I was thinking of how delicious the pancakes would be at the moment, thoughts flooded into my mind and I snapped back to reality thinking of what i would have to face at school today.

***

I watched Ethan from afar as he had his palm on his chin. His eyes moved slowly right to left watching the teacher write on the board. I thought again about what i had done the night before. We really clicked, we had chemistry. Hes really was a nice guy, and me? Me being the idiot i am, go and makeout with Riley. Well it WAS in a drunken state.

I noticed i had been playing with the necklace Riley had gifted me. Why was i still wearing it. I quickly unclasped it and shoved it in my backpack. Just then, the final bell rung.

"Okay students, the homework is on the board!" Mrs. Urchioli shouted at the herd of students rushing out. As i was getting out of my seat to catch Ethan i heard a voice call me. "Scarlet would you mind staying a few minutes after class, i need to have a word with you".

I continued rushing out as she called after me. I pushed through people as i approached Ethan. His back was turned against me, and he was talking-no, yelling at.... Riley?

"Dude, that wasn't cool, you knew i liked her!" He said shoving Riley against the locker. Riley just stopped there speechless. "Look man do you really expect me to say im sorry cause im really not-" Riley started.

Just as he finished his words, Ethan threw a punch smack dab onto his jaw.

Riley just stood there mouth slightly open as he chuckled. "Ethan!" I yelled, as i was standing a few meters away from them. A few people were crowded around now.

Ethan flung around and met his eyes with mine. He then proceeded to walk right passed me.

I really shouldn't mess with him right now, but all i know is i need to get him back. I looked at Riley, and he had this smirk on his face as he bit his lip looking me up and down.

"Ugh pig" i muttered under my breath.

I turn around and chase after a very fast walking Ethan. I follow him all the way to the front of the school, until i am able to stop him. "Ethan please listen-" I started.

"Listen to what Scarlett?! You obviously have feelings for him".

"I was drunk, and he took advantage of that, believe me if I wasent, things never would have gotten to that point, I swear to you it wont happen again, the only person i want to be with is you. And i would love for you to become my boyfriend.".