Chapter 11- A Time for Trust

Ezra waited patiently for Han, Luke, Mara, and Leia to finish their argument. Han seemed determined that Atollon was the best place to take a stand.

"They'll think we're falling into a black hole. They won't know what hit'em."

Mara had different ideas. "And once they figure out 'what hit'em' what are we going to do? Hide in the jungle? Agati is the key – we need to eliminate him before he can get his proposal passed." Turning to Leia, she added, "Then maybe you can call a real Senate meeting."

"I'm afraid not. Agati is very clever. He's poisoned enough minds that one of his committee members would undoubtedly pin the assassination on us, even if we could do it. It would just be more fodder for the fire."

Han tried again. "Hey, why don't we just blast the whole committee? Slip into Coruscant, zip over the Senate building and blow up their meeting room. Problem solved!"

The others just stared at him.

"I was thinking," Leia said as if Han had not spoken, "that I should contact the old Alliance leaders – Admiral Ackbar, Mon Mothma, Hera Syndulla, Admiral Bwua'tu, maybe more. The Bothans already have Agati under surveillance. Nek Bwua'tu has apparently had suspicions for some time. I know the Alliance will gladly join us. Together, we can issue a statement condemning the proposal and laying down an ultimatum. Perhaps Agati will back down. If not, we'll make him come to us and we'll choose the place."

"I know our friends would gladly help us," Luke put a hand on his sister's shoulder, "but this is not their fight – it's ours. Master Ezra, Bendu, do you have any insight to share? Or any of you?" he added, addressing the Padawans, younglings, and Clones.

"Master Luke?" Dev clasped his hands as he stood to speak, "I know this proposal concerns Force-sensitives primarily, but we know the Force binds all living things together. So, in some way, it concerns everyone in the Galaxy."

Kyp clapped his friend on the back. "Well said, Dev. And Agati is a ruthless liar. I wouldn't put it past him to say people were Force-sensitive just so he can lock them up. I'd feel a lot better if we could ask for help."

Luke furrowed his brow. "You boys have a point. Yet I'm not sure our friends would truly understand our fight. They might not be able to help us, but they might still be killed. Master Ezra, we could use your clarity."

Ezra closed his eyes, reaching out with the Force. Their path was becoming clearer to him. The next step was quite plain. But would the others listen? He searched the Force for the right words. The Force brought an image to his mind. He saw Rex sitting beside a stream in the jungle. He was holding Ahsoka, gently petting and rocking her. The Togruta's enormous eyes were closed and she rested against her Clone captain, the picture of contentment and trust. That was the key. It didn't matter if the others liked what he had to say. It only mattered that they trust the Creator of the Force. He opened his eyes.

"We must go to the planet Kyber."

The Jedi looked confused and Sabine sighed.

"The planet Kyber? I don't think I've heard of it." Luke said slowly. "Are you certain?"

"It is the Will of the Living Force. We must trust the Creator of the Force," Ezra explained.

"Look," Han stood and began to pace. "I believe in the Force. I really do. But that doesn't mean I'm going to follow you Jedi to a planet that I've never even heard of and that probably doesn't even exist. I bet you don't even know where it is."

"The Force will guide us."

"Are you serious? What, you just close your eyes, type in some coordinates and hope it works?"