ONE

EVERLEIGH AT THE TOP!!!

~~~~~~~~~~

EVERLEIGH'S P.O.V

I walk to my father's house after work at his business he runs, he said it was urgent. Although I live in his house, he made it clear it is his home, that I was nothing. My father is nothing but a il ciacco, a pig in other words. The man is only out for money but the number one rule in our traditional Italian family; to obey thy parents. 

If you do not obey your parents, especially my father, it can be a harsh awakening coming from that man. 

I walk into the home to see a man and a woman standing next to my father and mother as they chat. Their heads snap towards me and I furrow my brows in confusion. My father gives me a wide fake smile as he sees me. I hold back the resist to roll my eyes. 

The woman makes her way to me giving me a tigh hug that I don't accept, not hugging her back. I was shocked to say the least. She pulls back from the hug still smiling brightly and stands by what I assume is her husband. 

"Come, caro (dear)," My father speaks still wearing his fake smile, "We have things to discuss."

I comply following behind my father beside my mother as the strange man and woman follow behind me. I want to cringe at the old pet name, my father has not called me that in years, not since he turned into the man he is now. 

We walk into my father's home office I stand next to my father as they all take a seat, my mother looks sad, worry flashing in her eyes. The strange man giving me a cold look sending chills down my spine. His eyes dull and lack of color. I peel my eyes away from the man waiting for someone to talk. 

"Let's get down to bussiness," My father stated then looks at me, "This is Giana Moretti and her husband, Lorenzo Moretti," He smiles a sickly fake smile. 

I muster up my best fake smile and give them a small nod, not knowing what the hell is going on here. 

My father clears his throat to continue, "They have to decided to give us shares to my business. There is one catch," He draws out, "You will wed their son, Enzo Moretti, in three months time."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I sigh trying not to cringe as I replay that memory of that day, I obeyed. Now here I am looking at my reflection the a tall mirror in wedding dress that does not scream appropriate for a wedding. Soon I will wed a man I do not know anything about besides his name. 

My father is a pezzo di merda (piece of shit), I thought to myself as I look at my reflection, seeing a woman I no longer recognize. 

I know my mother would never pick a dress so vulger for my wedding day, it is some what beautiful and I am sure very expensive but revealing. I felt practically naked under the sheer cloth of the dress, showing parts of my nude skin. I would not doubt that it was the courtesy of my betrothed that he chose this dress. In an hours time I will no longer be a 'Sinclair' but a 'Moretti'.  

I roll my eyes hearing someone enter the room I stand in before my wedding. I snap my hand in the direction of the door to see my mother with a sad look. 

"You look beautiful, stellina (little star)," My mother puts on her best smile. 

I tear my eyes from my reflection as I fully turn to look at my mother. I noticed a small box as she stands there teary eyed. 

I sigh, "Thank you, mother," I give her small smile, "What is in the box?"

She sighs, "For you saftey, a pocket pistola (pistol)."