TWENTY THREE

EVERLEIGH'S P.O.V

My eyes flutter open instanly feeling pain, my head pounding. I wince at the unbareable pain I was feeling. My eyes take in my surrounding and I realize we were somehow back at our villa as I see that I am in Enzo's room. I was still trying to wrap my head around how she stabbed me, with a fork I might add. 

I look around but I don't see Enzo in sight anywhere. I groan as I slowly sit up in the bed and I see I am wearing one of Enzo's shirts and I notice I am wearing an arm sling, tightened to me. I slowly swing my legs over the bed trying to stand up. My legs felt weak as I stood almost losing my balance. 

I slowly walk over to the bedroom door opening it slowly to be greeted with Antonio leaning against the wall across from the door. His eyes widen when he sees me before he composes himself. 

"Everleigh, non dovresti alzarti dal letto (you shouldn't be out of bed)," He tells me sternly. 

I shake my head slightly, "Where is Enzo?," My dry voice cracking. 

He frowns, "I will call him to inform him you are awake. Go lay back down, you need to take it easy, you lost a lot of blood."

I sigh as I nod my head, closing the door shut. Instead of going to lay back down I decided to brush my teeth, I felt gross. I struggle a little as I try to put some tooth paste on the tooth brush with my one hand. I was pissed off as all hell that she really had stabbed me. I brush my teeth finally getting the tooth paste on. 

Just as I rinse my tooth brush off I hear the bedroom door open and close followed by footsteps. I walk out of the bathroom to see Enzo, his eyes land on me as they soften as he sighs with relief. 

"Mia amore, you need to be back in bed," He tells me softly before lifting me up, carrying me bridal style back to bed, laying me down softly. 

"Enzo how did we get back? What happened?," I ask him softly. 

He lets out a sigh as he sits down beside me on the bed, running his finger through my hair. 

"Niccolo's on call doctor took care of you and I brought you back home immediately," He tells me with the same amount of softness in his voice, "As for Rosa, Niccolo understands I will kill her if I ever see her again. They were very sorry for what happened to you, Amalia wouldn't stop crying."

I shake my head, "It wasn't their faults, I am not mad at them."

He gives me a weak smile, "Mi dispiace, Mia amore, avrei dovuto saperlo meglio quando si e scusata dopo di te (I'm sorry, my love, I should have known better when she excused herself after you)," He sighs. 

I place my free hand on his left cheek as I give him the best smile I could muster up as I make him look me in the eyes. 

"It is okay, you couldn't have known she would pull something like that," I stroke his cheek. 

He scoffs, "Avrei dovuto metterle una pallottola tra gli occhi (I should have put a bullet in between her eyes)," He seeths, his eyes turning cold. 

I chuckle lightly, feeling a slight pain when I do. Enzo furrows his brows as he watches me closley as I chuckle. 

"Fai del tuo peggio, Don Moretti (do your worst)," I smile, amusement flashing in his eyes as I watch him visably calm down. 

"Sei qualcosa, Mia amore (you are something)," He smirks. 

I flash him my pearly whites as I smile brightly, "Are they still willing to help you now?"

His smirk falls as a nods, "They are still helping, Fiore, Rosa fled. They were glad for that but they are willing to do anything for you, for us."