NINETEEN

ENZO'S P.O.V

For the past three days here in Spain I have been completely ignoring Everleigh. I am avoiding the feelings she has made me feel, she put a hex on me. I stay out late with work dealing with business and not coming back to the hotel till she is already asleep. 

These feelings I am feeling were odd, not something I was accustom to and I was avoiding them more then I was really avoiding her. Giovanni arrived yesterday with Donte to help me settle some deals, while Lorenzo deals with the shipments and the mess at the warehouse, that is not something I like but I needed Giovanni here. 

I was furious about that man that degraded my wife, I was more furious at the fact that he had been with her before myself. Everleigh has me going crazy, I find myself wanting to protect her, to kill any man that comes near her. I find myself doing things I would never find myself doing for another. 

"Senor Moretti, espero una entrega en dos semanas (I expect a delivery in two weeks)," Luis states, "Mis hombres volaran para recogerlo, entonces tienes un trato (my men will fly out to pick it up, then you have a deal)."

I nod curtly, "Un placer hacer negocios (pleasure doing business)."

We shake hands firmly before I exit his office with Giovanni and Antonio follow behind. Giovanni comes to stand directly beside me as we continue to walk. 

"You were not even there through that entire meeting," Giovanni states as he raises a brow. 

"Giovanni, I was there," I grumble rolling my eyes. 

He snorts, "You were there but your head wasn't, Enzo."

I clench my jaw as I do not mutter another word as I continue to walk. Giovanni knows better then to ask me what I may be feeling, I don't talk to anyone about my feelings, I mask them instead. Just like love being a weekness in this world so is 'feelings'. 

We get into the black car that awaited for us outside the building, my meeting for today was over, I am heading back to the hotel earlier then planned and I will have to face Everleigh. My heart was aching to see her, on the inside I was itching to here her voice again, it has been a long three days of avoiding her. 

"Let us get Everleigh and go grab some food, I am starving," Giovanni chuckled. 

Se anche le vorra venire con me (if she will even want to come with me), I thought to myself. 

I nod my head agreeing with him as we finally arrive to the hotel. As soon as I stepped out of the car I felt something in my gut telling me something is wrong. Giovanni and Antonio followed beside me into the hotel, the feeling of something wrong grew stronger. For some reason something felt wrong, off even. 

We step into the elevator as I press the top floor button. The doors close shut as the elevator starts moving up. Finally reaching the top, with a ding the elevator doors open and that uninviting feeling swallowed me whole. 

I furrow my brows as I stride to the end of the hall with Giovanni and Antonio near me. My heart tightened as a scream came from the room. 

"What the fuck?" Giovanni snapped. 

I feel rage consume me as all three of us pull our guns out, cocking them back. I give Giovanni my key and nod him forward. He takes the key unlocking the door, he stands of to the side holding his gun up. I could hear a muffled male voice and I slung the door open as Giovanni, Antonio, and I rush in. 

"Non avresti dovuto fare quella stupida puttana (you shouldn't have done that you stupid bitch)," I hear a man snap, the voice coming from the bed room.