TWENTY EIGHT

EVERLEIGH'S P.O.V

Last night after my nap, Enzo was by my side the whole time, never left once. He filled me in on everything I missed out after being out of it for a whole day. I still couldn't believe Antonio and Donte were still alive but I was glad never the less. Lorenzo is being held in a secure area, Enzo has waited to do anything to him, let alone talk to him because he wanted to wait till I was okay. 

I was still getting used to the news about being pregnant, this baby is just as strong as Enzo to have survived everything I went through. The doctor did not want me to do basically anything for the first two months, I was high risk for my pregnancy now. 

Giovanni brought by clothes for me to the hospital and a tooth brush this morning. Enzo took care of me as he helped me shower in the hospital bathroom and changed my bandages. He took really good care of me and I was mesmerized by that. 

I really had turned the infamous Don Moretti into a big softy, I take full responsibillity for that, it was sweet. 

Enzo parked the car in the same spot in front of the house, he actually drove slow all the way home which I was grateful for this time. Enzo placed a soft kiss to my temple before he got out of the car. He made his way over to me as he opened my door, he unbuckled my seat belt as he scooped me up into his arms. 

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look today, Mia amore?," Enzo smiled down at me in his arms. 

I chuckle, "I look like crap, diavolo."

"Never, Fiore," He smirks. 

I hear faint voices behind the door as we reach it. He put me down to my feet softly but still holding onto me as I leaned against him. He typed in the code of the house before opening the door. I smiled when I saw Antonio, Donte, Greta, Giana, and Giovanni in the foyer area. I let go of Enzo against his liking as I wobbled to Antonio and Donte. Greta and Giana were crying, they were actually crying for me. 

Antonio and Donte gave me a weak smile as they saw me. I hugged Donte first and he froze before reluctantly hugging me back. I gave him a smile as I let go before hugging Antonio, he chuckled then winced as he lightly hugged me back. 

"Mi dispiace (I'm sorry)," I told them as I pulled back from the hug, letting go of Antonio. 

Antonio chuckled, "Ora abbiamo ferite da proiettile corrispondenti (we got matching bullet wound now)," He laughed as he lifted his shirt showing me where he was bandaged. 

We all join him in the laughing as I rolled my eyes, Enzo's laughter flooded my ears as he stood behind me. That was another thing I love hearing from him, his laughter. We talked for another ten minutes before we settled down to eat, I was starving for something to eat. 

"Ma, dov'e la nonna (where is grandma)?," Enzo asked his mom as we all sat around at the table to eat. 

"Tornata nella nostra villa, ultimamente non si sente bene (back at our villa, she has not been feeling good lately)," She gave a soft smile, "Perche (why)?" 

Enzo glanced at me with a small mischevious smirk and I furrow my brows out of pure confusion as I narrow my eyes at him. I know the gears in his head are twisting and turning, I know he is planning something. 

"Ma, stay calm and breath," Enzo lightly chuckled, his mom gave him a look before slowly nodding, "Diventerai una nonna (you are going to be a grandma)."

Everyone froze except for Giovanni who was smirking in my direction. I blushed as I glared at him then back at Enzo. That Idiota! His mom started squealing making all of us wince at her loud excitement. 

She got up to run over to me to give me a hug but Enzo slowed her actions by giving her a cold glare. She rolled her eyes before bringing me into a light hug, she was practically jumping with glee. 

"Oh Everleigh, grazie," She whispered in my ear before pulling back and going to take her seat back in her spot. 

"Ben fatto, piccolo (way to go, little one)," Antonio chuckled, making my cheeks burn a brigh red. 

"Another Enzo Moretti, you are going to have your hands full, piccolo," Donte chuckles as he shakes his head. 

Enzo smiles, showing his pearly whites as he takes in the compliments. His ego is eating this up right now. I however am terrified to have another Enzo Moretti running around, he is hard enugh to keep in place. I have no idea how Giana did it. 

We sat and finished eating, filling the dinning room with conversations but Giana kept gleeing with joy every five minutes about her being a nonna. I wish my mom could have been here atleast, not my dad but definately my mom. 

Enzo picked me up, scooping me into his arms as he took me upstairs to his room. He put me to my feet after closing the door as he started to undress me from my outfit Giovanni brought for me to the hospital.

 He placed a soft kiss upon my lips before disappearing into his closet and coming back with one of shirts. He slips his shirt on over me as he kisses the top of my head before helping me get into the bed, covering me up. 

He strips down to his boxers as he slides into bed with me wrapping his arm softly around me making sure not to hurt me. 

"Enzo, what will happen with your Lorenzo?," I asked softly. 

He sighed, "Giovanni handled it, no need to worry mia amore. He is staying locked up till his last dying breath. I feel for my ma but she agreed that it was best," He tell me with just as much softness in his voice, "Ti amo, fiore (I love you, flower."

I smile, "Ti amo, Don Moretti."