Chapter 6. Rumi's Past And The Date

"daddy w-why are you leav-" A 6 year old Rumi was cut off by her father backhanding her to the ground.

"SHUT UP!!! YOUR WHORE OF A MOTHER IS TO BLAME FOR THIS!! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE A POWERFUL QUIRK AND YET HERE YOU ARE WITH ONLY HER WORTHLESS ONE!!!".

Rumi's mother immediately grabbed her daughter and brought her to her chest to protect her "SHE'S OUR CHILD!!!".

"NO CHILD OF MINE COULD BE SO WORTHLESS YOU DUMB BITCH!!! YOU MUST HAVE CHEATED ON ME!!!" He yelled as he then punched her to the ground.

Rumi watched in horror as her dad kept beating her mom saying that this was because she was weak and worthless. She tried to help but her father then directed his anger towards her

"NO ONE WILL EVER CARE FOR SOMEONE SO FUCKING WEAK AND WORTHLESS AS YOU!!" He yelled as he raised his fist towards her.

Rumi's eyes widened in horror and she tried to protect herself

___

"Rumi are you ok?" Said Izuku shaking her out of her thoughts.

"Huh?.. oh yeah just got lost in my past.. now come on let's go to the beach and train!" She said quickly as she started speed walking to the beach.

"Huh? But we tra-" "I WANNA GET STRONGER!!!".

Izuku was caught off guard by her sudden yelling "I understand that but I was just curious why, that's all".

"I... I'm sorry..." She said but kept walking trying to force those memories down "let's train for a while then we can enjoy our date..".

"Ok.." said Izuku as he followed her.

After a little while they arrived at the beach and started running and training and Izuku noticed Rumi was forcing her body to work harder than she could handle.

This went on for another hour and Rumi was trying to push a massive boulder to strengthen her body when the weight disappeared because Izuku picked it up and moved it.

"Alright Rumi what's wrong? This isn't like you" said Izuku.

"Because your weak no one will care for you" "nothing is wrong I'm just really ex-".

She stopped when Izuku pulled her into a hug with her face buried in his chest.

"I'm your friend and you can tell me anything Rumi" said Izuku.

"I... I.. I don't want to... Loose you because I'm weak.." said Rumi.

"What do you mean? I wouldn't leave you just because of th-" "YES YOU WILL! YOU'LL SEE THAT IM WEAK BECAUSE OF MY STUPID QUIRK AND LEAVE ME JUST LIKE MY FATHER LEFT!!!!.

ONCE YOU REALIZE HOW WEAK I AM YOU'LL ABANDONED ME!!! I... Wanna be strong... So you won't leave me...".

Izuku watched as she broke down into tears and he pulled her tighter into a hug while rubbing her back "I promise I won't leave you Rumi, now just let it all out, I'm here".

They stayed like that for over 20 minutes with Izuku simply holding her and comforting her while also whispering sweet words to her.

"I.. I'm sorry for breaking down like that.." said Rumi.

"Hey it's ok you needed it".

"Do you mean it... You won't leave me even if I end up being weak.." she said Shyly with her head down and her ears were also flopped down.

Instead of answering right away Izuku kissed her forehead shocking her "I promise Rumi, I didn't grow feelings for you because you were strong I got them because you are you".