Chapter 1

At first impression it wasn't as bad, but most of what they owned was burnt to the ground. "Yuki's room should be around that area." They dug through everything and Yuki's bunny was found, but it was dirty and black.

"It just needs to be washed and I need to stitch it a bit," Hina grinned. "I'm relieved we were able to find it."

"We found her!" Yuki giggled.

"I didn't have much in my room, I put the important things in a fire-proof organizer, so we can take that," Akira nodded, they took the organizer and the bunny back to Hina's house and Akira set his things in the guest room Yuki was supposed to sleep in.

"I need to work on a few things, but Yuki needs to get busy with something, otherwise she would cry if she can't find me," Akira chuckled.

"I have an idea," Hina smiled. "Yuki! Let's give your bunny a bath and take care of her!"

"Sure!" Yuki beamed, she gave her bunny to Hina and they walked out of the room.

"Before that, Yuki, how about you go play for a few minutes, I need to do something," Hina suddenly told her.

"Sure," Yuki obeyed, skipping to the living room.

"Akira, if one time, you really do disappear, which, I know it's really bad of me to even talk about it, what should I do?" Hina asked. "Tell me."

"You know, she told me one time that she wanted to be like me, she wanted to fight and be strong," Akira chuckled, he looked at Hina and grinned. "I made a promise to her that I would give her the happiest life, but, I know sometimes I wouldn't be there for her, so, that's where you come in."

"Oh," Hina whispered, she gave him a sad smile and wrapped her arms around him. "but remember, nobody can ever replace you, not me, not anyone, you're the person she loves the most."

"I know, but, you're the second person she loves, she really admires you and looks at you like you're her big sister," Akira chuckled, Hina got off of him and smiled.

"Thank you, now I'm going to let you work, I'll go help Yuki give her bunny a bath," Hina chuckled, walking out of the room. "See you!"

"You too," Akira responded, Hina gently closed the door and he sighed. "Well, now it's the painful part." He opened his drawer and took out the papers he was supposed to fill out. An hour later, he had his papers filled out and he went out to put them in the local mailbox. He knocked on the door and he could hear thudding as a small shadow came closer from the other side of the door.

"Big brother!" Yuki shouted, she opened the door and ran towards him. "Bunny is all clean! She is pink again!"

"That's great!" Akira smiled, Yuki climbed onto his leg and looked at him. He patted her on the head and she put all her weight on his leg. "Are you tired? It's still morning."

"No, I just like it here," Yuki said.

"Alright, but you need to eat something," Akira chuckled, picking her up. "Let's go."

"Are you done?" Hina asked.

"Yes, I just put them in the mailbox, they should receive it in a few days," Akira nodded, he looked at Yuki, who was eating her onigiri and watching a show on the television. "I'm glad she's eating well."

"Me too, she'll become stronger in no time," Hina smiled. She got a plate full of onigiri and put it on the ottoman in the middle of the living room. "eat some, are you able to?"

"I should be able to," Akira shrugged. He took a bite, but when he swallowed a sharp pain made him flinch. "It's a painful feeling though."

"Maybe I should make soup or something--" Hina suggested worriedly.