Chapter 5

"Botan!" Jin demanded, Botan came into the room with a towering bowl of rice, gobbling it while looking at Jin.

"Mmph?" Botan replied, swallowing. "Is there something you need? Important enough to ruin my breakfast?"

"Yes, since you got that cursed one recently, we don't need that little girl anymore," Jin smiled, Botan nodded.

"Your point?" Botan asked with a bored face.

"I want to take some of his power and put it in me," Jin announced, Botan choked and dropped his bowl.

"What a risk, brother," Botan snorted, laughing. "Nice joke."

"Stop being like that, I am serious," Jin hissed, Botan shook his head and shrugged casually.

"It's not my issue, do what you want," Botan said with a straight face. "It's not like I'd be affected with this stuff, anyway, here," Botan took a huge bottle of wine from his inner pocket and handed it towards Jin.

"What is that for?" Jin demanded.

"You asked for one a few days ago, so I got hold of one last night and failed to give it," Botan replied, Jin snatched it and started chugging it down.

"Stop acting like this isn't something important," Jin hissed, wiping his mouth with his sleeve. "I need to drink for all this shit I need to make do with."

"If you get out of control, I might as well help you, which is what I've been doing, but anyway, I'm getting more food, so I dropped mine," Botan yawned, walking out of the room, Jin gritted his teeth and remembered about the guards he sent the night before.

"Guards!" Jin called, and three guards came running into the room. "Where are those four I sent last night?! They haven't reported since!" Jin demanded, the guards looked at each other and shook their heads.

"Sorry sir, we haven't seen that group around." one replied, bowing, Jin growled and slapped his head.

"He's partially drunk it seems," Another whispered quietly.

"Ridiculous!" Jin exclaimed, he took his half-empty wine bottle and threw it against the wall, it shattered and spilled all over the floor. "damn it, why can't you bastards do anything right?!" The guards looked at each other with upset looks.

"Sorry sir, but we really don't know where those four are right now." the guard repeated, Jin sighed grumpily and slumped on his bed.

"Now is not a time to bother me, get the hell out!" Jin shouted, the guards ran out of his room and closed the door rapidly.

"Sir is really angry." one of the guards hissed. "Where are those four?! They are the reason for this problem!" The guards spread out and looked around the prison and the hideout for any signs of them. One ran into a group of wolf demihumans who were walking.

"Ichika! Are you alright?!" Hiro, the tall, dark gray haired one asked worriedly.

"I'm fine dear, what are these idiots in a hurry for?" Ichika demanded, her intimidating stares made them flinch.

"Sorry Lady Ichika! We're looking for a few people!" The guard exclaimed.

"I see, be careful where you run," Ichika hissed. "Salty! Aiko! Hurry up!"

"Coming mother!" Aiko exclaimed, speeding up, she and Salty, a blue haired wolf demihuman were standing in front of Ichika and looking up.

"Salty?" The guard echoed.

"Our adoptive daughter, a problem?" Ichika asked, glaring at him.

"Don't you dare talk to my sister like that," Aiko hissed, clenching her fist with a frown.