Chapter 16

Roughly a Year Later---

All the villages and everyone in it had experienced recovery, all the villages of all species in harmony again. Akira rejoined the warriors and finally went on his first mission after many years with his group. But, as Yuki said, she wanted to be an aunt. Hina started her morning a few weeks after Akira left with nausea and constant stomach pain.

"Big sis, are you unable to eat anything?" Yuki asked worriedly.

"I don't think it's a good idea, I don't know what I ate to give me such a bad stomach ache." Hina chuckled, she threw up again and Yuki got some ice water for her to drink.

"If big brother was here he would know how to take care of you properly." Yuki sighed. "don't go to work today."

"I don't think I'll manage either way, I can't even leave the bathroom." Hina pointed out. "could you find some medicine or something? There must be a small booklet about stomachs in my room, try looking for the symptoms I have, or maybe call a doctor." Yuki gave Hina a nausea pill and refilled her water. She headed into Hina's room and looked through the books she had. Yuki skimmed through the book about stomach illnesses and diseases and found a section with the symptoms. Yuki looked through the list of sicknesses that involved these symptoms, and what made Yuki really curious was the fact that the second option was pregnancy. She ran back and looked at Hina. Yuki knew Hina hasn't had any contact as such with any other man other than Akira, so Yuki's first guess was him.

"So have you and big brother done anything?" Yuki asked with a serious face.

"W-well--" Hina stuttered. "That's not something we should talk about." But what worried Hina when Yuki said that, was she really what she thought she was?

"I'm going to go get something from the shop." Yuki pointed out. "Stay here and don't get up!" Yuki tossed her sweater on and ran out with her wallet. She spotted Hibiki walking and stopped in front of her.

"Yuki?" Hibiki chuckled. "What happened to you? You seem to be in a rush."

"I'm getting a pregnancy test." Yuki smiled, Hibiki made a horrified face.

"Wait, you? Preg--" Hibiki started.

"No! No! I mean for big sis!" Yuki rapidly replied, flustered.

"Wait, she's pregnant?" Hibiki whispered, Yuki nodded.

"There's a large possibility, and she kinda made it obvious when I asked her if she did anything recently." Yuki smiled. "if it's true, I'm truly going to be an aunt." Hibiki made a curious face and smiled.

"I'll come with you, since I have nothing to do anyway." Hibiki shrugged, "and, if she really is, from what I know about this stuff, she'll become really sensitive, so she needs some good support."

"I hope big brother comes back soon, isn't your mom his sensei? How long is this mission going to take?" Yuki asked as they entered the store.

"She told me it would last a month before she left, it's been about three weeks so far." Hibiki replied. "They should be back soon, let's quickly confirm this."

"Can you come with me?" Yuki asked, Hibiki nodded.

"For sure." Hibiki agreed, Yuki took the box of the test and gave it to the cashier, she scanned it and Yuki gave her the money.

"Keep the change, miss." Yuki smiled, she bowed her head.

"Thanks, have a nice day!" she called.

"You too!" Yuki called back, they ran back to the house and Yuki and Hibiki scurried inside to check on Hina. "big sis?!"