Chapter 10

"This is great!" Hibiki exclaimed.

"You were a great help." Kurai pointed out. "You both helped so many people, Yuki's anger really came out, so I decided to come, but she calmed down because of you. But it took a while for the Dragoness to get me into Yuki's head. I got my dragon to give me the ability to send her messages, but that's it." Kurai burned the monsters away with a flick of a wing.

"That looked very easy." Hibiki pointed out.

"It is, but these are the weakest puppets Jin holds, the strongest would put up a good fight for me." Kurai replied. "but Yuki has to control the power she holds now."

"How much more does she hold?" Hibiki asked.

"She holds a power a hundred times more powerful than the powers she's been training with for these past years." Kurai pointed out. "I have to get back, I can't control her for too long, catch her." The phoenix disappeared and Yuki was falling down as soon as the head disappeared, Hibiki teleported her in her arms and she teleported to the boys. They were getting rid of the monster corpses. Kiyoshi spotted them and he ran to help Hibiki with Yuki.

"What happened?!" Kiyoshi asked, laying Yuki down.

"A lot, Yuki unlocked Kurai." Hibiki replied. "We saw her brother."

"Wait, the one she wants to save?!" Kiyoshi exclaimed.

"Yes, but he was in a spell to disappear as soon as the monster's portal closed, there were many demihumans under control, even old ones, they all died." Hibiki sighed. "Yuki almost lost motivation when she couldn't get him back, she kept calling herself a failure."

"She's not." Kiyoshi grinned. "Yuki won't let one scene stop her."

"Exactly what I told her." Hibiki nodded.

"We'll help her get her brother back." Kiyoshi pointed out. "That's one of the reasons why we're training too." The other boys came running towards them and Kiyoshi explained what happened. Hina found them hours later after healing many hurt people.

"Are you kids alright?!" Hina screeched, gasping for air. "Do you realize how long it took me to find you?"

"We were moving around, getting rid of the monsters." Akio pointed out.

"What happened to Yuki?!" Hina exclaimed, running to Yuki, Yuki's wind mark turned darker and Hina softly touched it. Hibiki sat them down and explained everything Kurai told her.

"So she has lots of power in her now." Isamu pointed out. "She just needs to control it, and since Kurai is linked to her, Kurai can help her with the controlling part, according to the book."

"That's a relief, this attack was very short though, it seems the warriors got here just in time." Hina sighed in relief.

"We actually did most of them, we ran around town for this reason." Hiroto said, frowning.

"I see, I found a body of one and found this." Hina told them, she took out a glowing red ball. "this is the puppet's core, where all the power they hold is stored in. In order to defeat them in one blow, you need to aim your attack onto its chest, where the core is located."

"We really just burned them down." Hibiki shrugged. "Also, we had to kill actual demihumans because they were under control."

"Who was controlling them?" Yuki asked, the boys shrugged.

"Jin." Hina replied with a serious face. "or the king of the monsters, he and his brother capture demihumans from all around and force them to their side, and he makes these puppets with his own powers."