Chapter 11

I'm telling you, I'm in your head! Kurai protested.

"This feels the same as those sentences you sent to my head or something." Yuki shrugged, she was sitting in her room with Hibiki looking at her.

"So, right now--" Hibiki started. "you're talking with Kurai?"

"Yeah, although, it's not too different when she just sent me those messages, didn't you just hear me though?" Yuki replied.

"I see." Hibiki observed.

I'm taking some rest, I've been awake for the last few days, I'll come back after that sleepy reptile finally opens one eye, Kurai snorted.

"Alright." Yuki chuckled, Hibiki looked at her with a smile. Yuki thought for a moment and then looked at Hibiki with a serious face. "Hey Hibiki."

"Yes?" Hibiki replied.

"Do you really think we're able to defeat these monsters?" Yuki asked, Hibiki looked at her with wide eyes.

"Of course! If we work hard--" Hibiki started.

"I'm serious, do you honestly think we have the power to defeat them?" Yuki sighed, Hibiki gave her a look.

"In reality, we're no match." Hibiki pointed out.

"I knew it." Yuki sighed.

"Hm, you know--" Hibiki grinned. "We could use some more help."

"From who?" Yuki asked.

"You're not going to like the sound of it at first." Hibiki sighed.

"Just tell me." Yuki repeated.

"My cousins' gang, they're curses." Hibiki replied, Yuki widened her eyes.

"Can we trust them?" Yuki frowned, crossing her arms.

"Oh yes, they're good, they're the ones killing off most of the bad demihumans that come into the village anyway." Hibiki shrugged. "they're extremely strong and they have better power control than any demihuman around, what do you say?"

"I don't know, I don't really like the fact that they're a gang, on top of that being curses." Yuki slowly said.

"Isn't your brother a curse?" Hibiki pointed out.

"Yes, but he's different, and he's not a gangster!" Yuki protested.

"Okay okay." Hibiki chuckled. "But, let's give it a try, no? They're fought plenty of those puppets before."

"I guess, where do they live?" Yuki asked reluctantly.

"They're usually in one of the alleyways in a hideout, but they also have an apartment." Hibiki replied. "It's early morning so they might be at their hideout cleaning weapons."

"Oh." Yuki nodded. "would they still be in their apartment though?"

"Most probably not." Hibiki replied with a grin.

"Alright." Yuki sighed. They put their sweatshirts on and started walking across town, they walked for about ten minutes and they reached a dark alley with a door made of bricks. "Why is the door like that?"

"Camouflage." Hibiki responded. "They don't want to be found, help me open it." Yuki helped Hibiki pull the door open and Hibiki walked in with Yuki behind her.

"Who's there?!" a voice demanded. "How did you find us?"

"Itsuki, it's just me, gosh." Hibiki sighed. "You know people can't find you cryptic weirdos easily."