Chapter 8

A Few Months Later---

Yuki splashed water on her face after a sweaty workout with Hibiki and the boys.

"Give me more!" Akio demanded them, Kiyoshi and Isamu had two bricks on their backs and they were doing push-ups non-stop.

"They're serious about the workout." Hibiki snorted, she got up with a glass of cold water in her hand, she splashed it on Akio's face and he shrieked.

"Hey!" Akio demanded, rubbing his eyes.

"Whoops, Kiyoshi, Isamu, get your asses up and take a break, you're going to hurt yourself." Hibiki ordered, they threw the bricks off their backs and Hibiki threw two bottles of water at them. "It's a hot summer and you're working out without water."

"We took a break this morning." Isamu protested. "Plus, we're trying to reach a goal."

"Yeah, it's late afternoon and you've been doing push-ups and weight lifting with bricks the whole time." Hibiki crossed her arms. "calm down and take things slow, especially with the weight lifting, you might tear a muscle."

"What have you and Yuki been doing this whole time?" Akio asked. "you were on the other side."

"Sword fighting and power attacks, we're trying to control our powers, but we did our work-out for a few hours in the morning while the weather was cool." Hibiki replied. "Yuki's sword fighting skills are quite good." Yuki walked up to them with a bowl of melon.

"What are you guys talking about?" Yuki asked, she put the melon down on a rock and filled up a bucket of water. "Well damn it's hot."

"Summer, what can I say?" Hibiki sighed with a smile, she ate a piece of the melon and splashed water on her face. "We still have a couple of hours till the evening."

"Kiyo and Isamu still have those brick push-ups to finish." Akio pointed out with a serious face, Kiyoshi rolled his eyes and chugged his water down.

"You should be doing them, Isamu and I already did a hundred, and we're dead." Kiyoshi frowned, "and a hundred is a lot, knowing how much more we have to do."

"Speaking of push-ups, how many have you and Hiroto done, Akio?" Hibiki asked, Akio then remained silent and thought for a moment.

"Now that I think about it, Hiroto did a good thirty, and I did five." Akio replied. "what has sister Hina been up to?"

"Hina has to work to pay the taxes, unfortunately, her mother had to move to a relative's house because of her health." Yuki replied. "no guarantees she's going to come back."

"Sorry to hear that." Hibiki said, Yuki's face wasn't as happy as it used to be ever since Yui left.

"It's alright, I'm used to it anyway." Yuki shrugged. "Who wants to fight me?"

"I challenge you." Hibiki grinned, Yuki made a challenging smile. "boys, watch us and see who wins."

"This could go either way." Isamu pointed out curiously, Yuki and Hibiki stood face to face.

"No weapons." Hibiki nodded, Yuki dropped her sword and Hibiki did the same. Yuki charged first and Hibiki teleported behind her, Yuki flipped over and her horns turned red. "You have some control."

"It took me a few months to master this one." Yuki smirked, she put her hands together and she charged towards her again. Hibiki teleported Yuki on the roof, Yuki jumped down and blasted a huge red ray towards her, Hibiki used a portal to deflect it. "impressive defense." Hibiki opened many portals around her and dragons made of dimensional magic came stampeding towards Yuki. Yuki summoned five black fire phoenix and they took the dragons out, she made them combine and she attacked Hibiki with it. Hibiki attacked back with a bigger dragon and they both collided, canceling each other out. Yuki and Hibiki were both shot back and Yuki slammed into the wall while Hibiki was thrown across the sandy ground.