Chapter 12

No no no, why her? Akira thought in panic.

"Quite fond of this guy, hm?" Jin smiled, Kanae frowned at him.

"You! Let him go!" Kanae demanded, Jin laughed and shook his head.

"I'm sorry, that's not possible, chain them!" Jin ordered, the guards dragged them all and Kanae panicked when she was chained to the wall.

"H-hey! What are you doing? I thought you said we were doing work!" Kanae exclaimed. "not that it's a good thing, but this doesn't seem like work!"

Kanae stop talking, Akira hissed desperately, do you realize the situation?

"Alright, now that this step is done, let's move on to the fun part." Jin smirked, he took both of his hands and he completely sucked the magic out of two demihumans at a time. The woman he took it from was screaming as she suddenly started to burn away. Akira saw the terrified face of Kanae as she saw the man slowly die in his spot right after the woman.

That woman had ice powers, seeing her burn away because the coolness of her body was removed, the man had nature, Akira observed. Jin moved on to Kanae and another man, they were the last two, no please don't-- Kanae looked at Akira with tears flowing down.

"I don't want to die!" Kanae screamed.

"That's your fate, live with it, girl." Jin sighed. "sadly, all good things must come to an end, no?"

"No! Stop!" Kanae cried, she was crying as Jin got his hand ready. The magic started leaving Kanae's stomach. "It hurts! Stop!" Kanae's green pupils turned gray and the magic stopped coming.

"Done already? What a weakling." Jin chuckled, he unchained Kanae and threw her onto Akira. "I'm going to take a recharge, be right back, my tool, enjoy your friend while she lasts now." Jin left the room and Kanae was shaking, quietly crying.

"I--" Kanae choked. "I don't wanna die--" She clinged onto Akira's arm and her breathing was slowing down.

"Kanae--" Akira sighed, his face saddening, Kanae looked at him.

"Y-you showed emotions." Kanae smiled. "you're not that cold."

"Of course not." Akira grinned, he wished he could've saved her, but he can't transfer the curse into her, her power tolerance was really low, she would burn away because of overpowering her seal.

"Where is grandpa Fuji?" Kanae asked. "Gran Aimi?" Akira couldn't look at her face, this reminded him of the time his mom was talking to him, while dying in his arms.

"They're in the room." Akira replied, picking her up. He snuck out of the room and burst through the prison room door, Fuji widened his eyes and scrambled towards him and Kanae.

"Kanae! Kanae!" Fuji exclaimed, Kanae looked at him weakly.

"Kanae! Akira!" Aimi cried, she sat down and put her hand on Kanae's face.

"She's dying." the old lady rasped. "her aura is weakening."

"Jin took out all her magic, her pupils lost their color." Akira sighed, a lady came up and attempted to punch Akira, but he dodged it.

"You saw it all?! And didn't do anything?!" the lady screamed, she had tears. "She's just a girl! She didn't deserve any of this, you should've protected her!"

"W-wait--" Kanae choked. "he couldn't, it's not his fault."

"What do you mean?" the lady sobbed. "Look what he let Jin do!"

"That man--" Kanae rasped. "took more magic from Akira than everyone here combined, he was chained with magic stuff, and--" Kanae was coughing out glowing green mist.