Chapter Four : The Hair

Thirteen gets on her bike. "This is awesome!" She says. She rides it in the leaves in the yard. She laughs.

Hopper stands on the porch, smiling. "Come on Thirteen, let's go inside."

They both go inside and wake Eleven up. They all eat their eggos and Hopper leaves for work.

Thirteen waits for 10:00. "Hey El, I'll be back later." Thirteen says.

"Where are you going? It's against the rules to leave." Eleven says.

"Da- I mean Hopper got me a bike and said I could leave and ride it." Thirteen says.

"Why didn't he get me one?" Eleven asks.

"Well, the bad men from the lab are dead and even if there are some alive, I can defend myself. They think I'm dead anyway." Thirteen says. "I'm going to get changed and leave."

Thirteen goes into the bedroom and gets changed into a plaid shirt and some jean overalls.

She hasn't been out shopping or anything so she's stuck with clothes that Hopper gets at the 2nd hand store.

She puts on her brown sneakers and goes outside. She locks the door and rides her bike away.

Thirteen gets onto the road and rides past some houses.

She rides around for about 4 hours and has checked in with Hopper. Thirteen takes a turn down a road that she hasn't been down yet.

Suddenly, a truck comes out of knowhere and Thirteen panics and takes a sharp turn into the woods.

Thirteen screams as her bike starts going fast down a hill in the woods. She can see a house up ahead.

Thirteen tries to brake but the tires just slide in the leaves and mud. A stick gets caught in the wheel and the bike flips forward.

Thirteen goes flying into the air and she lands headfirst into the ground. She groans and passes out.

"Hey, wake up." A smooth voice says. "Please."

Thirteen slowly opens her eyes and her head starts beating. "Ugh." She groans. She notices that she is on a couch and that there is someone kneeling down next to her. "Who are you?" The boy has great hair. In fact, great is an understatement.

"I'm Steve Harrington." The boy says. "Who are you?"

"Thee." Thirteen says. "What is the time?"

"It's 3:00." Steve says.

"Shit!" Thirteen says. "Where is walkie talkie?"

Steve hands it to her. Thirteen speaks into it. "Hey Hopper. Just checking in. Over."

"Hey Thee. I'm headed home soon. See you later. Over and out." Hopper says.

Suddenly, Thirteens knee starts to hurt. "Ow."

"You okay?" Steve asks. "I put some ice on it. I put some on your head too. You had a pretty nasty fall."

"Where is my bike?" Thirteen asks.

"Woah woah woah." Steve says. "You at least need a bandage for your knee. It is bleeding like crazy."

"Okay." Thirteen says. The boy is very caring.

Steve runs out of the room and then runs back in with a white wrap. He wraps it around Thirteens knee and then tapes it.

"Your bike is in the garage. I replaced the chain because it broke." Steve says. "I can drive you home if you'd like."

"No. Thank you though." Thirteen says.

"Um, I'll see you around?" Steve asks.

"Maybe." Thirteen says. "Goodbye Steve."

"Bye Thee." Steve says. Thirteen rides her bike away.